Toolbar Creator - v. 2.2 beta available for download!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Jun 27, 2014.

1. thewish

thewish Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you making changes to one of the preset toolbars? You need to clone one before you make your changes, and make sure you are making the changes on the clone. Also there is an option to have it remember where you had it placed last too.

2. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@violet182:

I’m glad you like it. Every change you make should come into effect and be saved in real time. Is that not what you observe? You should be able to modify the included toolbars, but if you’re encountering any problem then maybe try what thewish suggested and create a new toolbar (by cloning an existing one) and modify this new toolbar.

@reloaded:

- To customize the shortcuts menu: On the last tab of the Options you can add/delete/move menu items. Once you’ve added a menu item, just select it in the list and then you can change its name and what it does (send a hotkey or use a predefined function). Just don’t delete or add items to fast as this sometimes leads to an error message (I have corrected this bug in the coming update). And then you can use that menu from the main menu and/or assign it to a button.

- As for the slider that goes from 1 to 00: this is not something you can do but I can easily make it into a preset function. It sounds like it could be of general interest so I may just go ahead and include right away.

- As you mention, if you change anything in the ini files you don’t need to recompile to a new exe. The ini files are where all the settings are saved in real time when you customize the toolbars, so these files are constantly being modified by Toolbar Creator.

- To run the toolbar from the .ahk file, you first need to move Your_Toolbar.ahk from the Source_Code subfolder to the main folder for Toolbar Creator. The provided exe will not include any modification that you make to any of the .ahk files. So if you modify the ahk files, you can either just use Your_Toolbar.ahk to run the toolbar, or you’ll need to recompile it into a new exe (make sure Your_Toolbar.ahk is in the main folder).

- For the mouse click stuff, what are some of the typical hotkeys and/or sequence of events that would be of interest?

- To add your own macros:
    You can add your own macros to Toolbar Creator (perhaps because you want more complex macros than simple hotkeys or the provided predefined functions). You will need to know some AutoHotkey programming to write your own macros, and I’ll be happy to try to help if needed.
    - You can add the text for your macro at the end of Files\Includes\Presets.ahk.
    - Just open this file in a text editor, add new line at the bottom then paste in your macro. For example, the following macro named CopyPaste would send Ctrl+C, wait 200 ms, then send Ctrl+V:

Code:
    CopyPaste:
    Send, ^c
    Sleep, 200
    Send, ^v
    Return
    Notes:
    - You can only use letters and numbers in the name of the macro, no spaces allowed
    - The name is followed by a colon :
    - The macro’s last line is “Return”​

- Once you've added the macro at the bottom of Files\Includes\Presets.ahk, go back to the top of the file. On line 4 is the start of the list of all the presets that you can choose when you set the button type to 5 in the Options. Anywhere in that list (it ends on line 16), add the name of your macro (case sensitive, and make sure that the name is between two commas, like all the other preset names).

- Save the file then relaunch the toolbar (using Your_Toolbar.ahk that has previously been moved to the main folder) and you should now be able to assign your macro to any button by setting them to Type 5 and choosing your macro’s name from the list of presets.​

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    thewish likes this.
  3. violet182

violet182 Pen Pal - Newbie

4. lblb

MAJOR UPDATE!

Here is Toolbar Creator 2.0:
    Toolbar_Creator 2_0

- This is a major update and unfortunately toolbars created with previous versions of Toolbar Creator are not compatible and will have to be recreated.
    - If you're updating from a previous version and you had created your own custom icons, just add your custom icons (like you did before) to the Files\Images\ and Files\Images\Activated\ subfolders.

Major addition in this version of Toolbar Creator: Second type of customizable toolbars
    - There are now two types of customizable toolbars. The first type is what was found in previous versions of Toolbar Creator and includes three small buttons at the top in addition to two columns of buttons (with up to 10 buttons in each column). The new second type of toolbar is a toolbar that you can design on a 10 x 10 canvas with buttons of various sizes.
    - To create a new toolbar of the first type, on the first tab of the Options select a toolbar of the first type and click “Clone selected toolbar”. For toolbars of the second type, you can also clone an existing type 2 toolbar or design a completely new one by clicking on “Design a new toolbar”.
    - To see an example of the second type, use the default toolbar’s menu on the top left button and select the toolbar named “Dummy designer toolbar”.
    - On this dummy designer toolbar, the images for the buttons are blank and the numbers are captions for each button. These captions can be modified/deleted through the toolbar Options. As before, the image and action of every button can be customized through the Options.
    - Note that for the buttons of different sizes in this second type of toolbars, I have only provided blank icons for each size and it’s up to the user to create icons with colorful designs! ​

Changelog:
    - Added: A second type of toolbar is available and can be designed on a 10 x 10 buttons canvas. (thanks to surfaceproartist and dream3 for suggestions and testing)
    - There are now two default toolbars, one for each type of toolbar. Previous versions of Toolbar Creator came with two different Photoshop toolbars that I haven't included in this version.
    - Added: A caption with customizable text and font can be added to each button. (thanks to dumtidum for the suggestion)
    - Added: The toolbar can optionally be set to move automatically to specific coordinates when the screen orientation is changed. This is to make sure the toolbar stays on screen when the screen orientation is changed. See the “Active toolbar settings – 2” tab in the Options. (thanks to testdrive7 for the suggestion)
    - Added: The slider buttons (when you customize a button and set it to type 6) can be set to be vertical (as in previous versions) or horizontal (new to this version). (thanks to surfaceproartist for the suggestion.)
    - Added: Each slider button will repeatedly send a command when you hold the button down and move up/down (vertical slider button) or left/right (horizontal slider button). In addition, a TouchKey command can now be set for each slider button. This TouchKey command is sent when you just hit the slider button instead of holding it and moving.
    - Added: When resizing the toolbars through the Options, you can now independently resize the height and width.
    - Fixed: Too many bugs to keep track of here. Sorry!​

As there is a lot of new stuff in this version, there will probably be several bugs! I apologize in advance. Please report bugs here, and don't hesitate to suggest ways this could be improved on!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    surfaceproartist and thewish like this.
  5. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@lblb, I immediately set to work trying to reproduce one of our Artdocks and I've run into a little hiccup.

I've scaled everything up to 100x100 (any way to add type input in addition to slider? It's difficult to get the numbers to match on both x & y with only a slider for input)

When a button is selected, the icon reverts to its original scale (except for the move icon for some reason). Any idea what's happening or what I'm doing wrong?

toolbarError.jpg

6. lblb

Hi surfaceproartists,

I can't seem to reproduce what you observe (and from your screen grabs, it seems like the numbers are not fully showing). I can't test right now, but could it maybe be because the Windows magnification is higher than 100%?

7. reloaded

reloaded Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh man oh man oh man!!!! Just checking in and what a surprise! Thank you so much lblb! I can't wait to dig into this with all the changes, try out some new macros and make new menus! This has pretty much ensured that the Surface Pro 3 will be my weapon of choice. This tool is rocking!

Lblb, you asked what mouse and hotkey combos I'm looking for. Since there are toggles and I can easily create my own combos with the actual menu, I really don't need specific hotkey combos. I mainly just need to set up a single toggle key that can be "right click" or Rbuttonand and another for "middle click" Mbutton separately. That will cover all my bases for mouse clicks.

Can I just do that by un commenting the mouse buttons in the "Yourtoolbar.ahk" and recompiling or running from main? Or maybe make new presets? Or are the mouse buttons something that is available in the new version?

So glad I stayed on this thread. So thankful for you putting this together, listening and taking time to respond. Also to the others that have contributed with the suggestions and comments.

8. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Changing magnification to 100% corrected the text display. That's definitely something you'll want to address because most tablets are going to default to at least 125% if not higher.

I think I figured out my icon issue. I had forgotten the Activated icons need a unique name.

9. lblb

surfaceproartist:
    Great, I'm glad you figured out the icon issue. As for the text, that's something that I had neglected to check but I've now corrected it. Thanks a lot for your willingness to test this out.

reloaded:
    I like the enthusiasm! Uncommenting that line could be troublesome. For now what I had in mind for mouse clicks isn't working like I thought it would. I'll get back to you on how to approach this.

10. reloaded

reloaded Pen Pal - Newbie

Should I wait before making my new menus? Sounds like there is a text update and possibly mouse buttons down the road? Or will it be easy to integrate the changes?