Toolbar Creator - v. 2.2 beta available for download!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Jun 27, 2014.

1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey, lblb!

I wanted to reach out and ask you an AutoHotKey question...

So, I just picked up one of those fancy new Dell Canvas boards. -One of the main reasons I picked it over other options was that reviews described a particularly well-tuned touch interface. I can attest to that! It's great.

However...

I have my physical keyboard placed at the top of the screen, and I lay my arms on the screen while typing.

Obviously, this causes some distress as window focus gets pulled all over the place in a chaotic fashion. Dell provides a very handy on/off button for the touch feature, and that's great. BUT.., I was wondering, (and I looked but couldn't find), if it is possible to write some AHK program to temporarily suspend touchscreen input while using the keyboard.

It seems like the kind of thing AHK should be able to do.

What do you think? Is it possible and would you be interested in helping me explore this? Your expertise is far beyond mine and I could definitely benefit from your guidance.

2. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@thatcomicsguy

Wow, your Tecra has evolved into something impressive!

I unfortunately haven;t tried to keep up with Windows Touch and Pen input api since they kept on changing it about every 2-3 months during the Windows 8-10 early days. So I won't be of much help with that and would unfortunately not have much time right now to dedicate to learning about it. The only way I know to enable/disable the touch input is to toggle the touch input device in Device Manager, but that's probably not what you want since it would take a couple of seconds to turn back on once you stop using your keyboard. The button on your Canvas is probably a much better alternative.

Let me know what you think!

3. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member