Toolbar Creator - v. 2.2 beta available for download!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Jun 27, 2014.

1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Hey, lblb!

I wanted to reach out and ask you an AutoHotKey question...

So, I just picked up one of those fancy new Dell Canvas boards. -One of the main reasons I picked it over other options was that reviews described a particularly well-tuned touch interface. I can attest to that! It's great.

However...

I have my physical keyboard placed at the top of the screen, and I lay my arms on the screen while typing.

Obviously, this causes some distress as window focus gets pulled all over the place in a chaotic fashion. Dell provides a very handy on/off button for the touch feature, and that's great. BUT.., I was wondering, (and I looked but couldn't find), if it is possible to write some AHK program to temporarily suspend touchscreen input while using the keyboard.

It seems like the kind of thing AHK should be able to do.

What do you think? Is it possible and would you be interested in helping me explore this? Your expertise is far beyond mine and I could definitely benefit from your guidance.

2. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@thatcomicsguy

Wow, your Tecra has evolved into something impressive!

I unfortunately haven;t tried to keep up with Windows Touch and Pen input api since they kept on changing it about every 2-3 months during the Windows 8-10 early days. So I won't be of much help with that and would unfortunately not have much time right now to dedicate to learning about it. The only way I know to enable/disable the touch input is to toggle the touch input device in Device Manager, but that's probably not what you want since it would take a couple of seconds to turn back on once you stop using your keyboard. The button on your Canvas is probably a much better alternative.

Let me know what you think!

3. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

4. ponc

ponc Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there, I just found this tool after searching if there is any program like this existing.
    I'm super excited about this!! Thx so much!

Question: I cannot find out how to re-arrange the buttons of my toolbar, or add new ones to it?
    there surely must be a way to do it?

5. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The creation of the toolbar is one of the highlights of this forum, -basically 95% created by one contributor who doesn't visit very often these days, (Long live lblb!), so I don't know if he's around taking questions.

I use, every day, a highly simplified early version of the toolbar, and I hard-coded the various buttons into place myself, so I'm not really familiar with the finalized official version or how to customize it. However, I did give it a run through back when it was officially released and can attest to the fact that it works, and that it allows almost any imaginable variation of on-screen control you care to come up with, and that it was overall an impressive bit of coding. I found it was a little confusing and that it took some fiddling, (exactly because it is so flexible), but that it can definitely be put into service once you figure it out. So I'd encourage you to keep pecking away at it and to read over the post history to get some clues.

Maybe some other user around here can offer some advice?

6. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@ponc
    I'm glad you like it!
    Yes you can rearrange toolbars rather easily. But I never had the time to develop an interface for it so you have to do it manually by editing the text file associated with your toolbar. The instructions to do this are in the pdf file posted separately in the first post of this thread. Once you understand how to do it, it's quite easy. Let me know if you need any help!

@thatcomicsguy
    Long live @thatcomicsguy! Long live Stardrop!

7. ponc

ponc Pen Pal - Newbie

thx!
    wouldn't it somehow be possible to kinda just re-use that interface thats already there when you create a new toolbar and arrange the buttons?
    just take that, add a "edit" button to the "new/clone/delete toolbar tab"...
    I don't know crap about coding, so maybe it's not just as easy as copy/paste that interface, but it just feels like missing an essential function to be completely feature complete.

anyway, still the most awesome tool i found since a long time!

thx a ton!