Toolbar Creator - v. 2.2 beta available for download!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Jun 27, 2014.

1. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi gahfe,

I remember when you played with these toolbars several years ago and came up with slatepal.

But you are referring to the RawInputTest toolbars from which slatepal, Art Dock and Paint Dock were derived. Toolbar Creator is not the same thing, it doesn't use RawInputTest.

2. gahfe

gahfe Pen Pal - Newbie

sorry, I must be confused with other toolbar editor

3. glinkot

glinkot Pen Pal - Newbie

This thing looks great! Just got a surface book 2 and was on the hunt for just such a thing. Apologies if this has been asked in the prior 55 pages, but is there a 'standard' toolbar with alt, ctrl, shift, copy/paste, undo/redo etc anyone has done? The .zip file didn't appear to contain one, and I thought I'd ask before I started cooking one up. I did see a grid style editor on the screenshots but didn't come across it in the settings app.

Many thanks

4. lblb

@glinkot

There is no standard toolbar like that, but you can either go in the toolbar Options and re-assign the buttons of an existing toolbar on the "Toolbar customization" tab, or design a new one on the "General Settings" tab. Let me know if you need more help!

5. glinkot

glinkot Pen Pal - Newbie

I've setup my first toolbar and was really impressed with how well thought out this thing is! Amazing.

The only question I had was about the 'momentary' presses (ie it holds a key for as long as you press the toolbar button). I see a few pages back you've suggested the toggle button. I was thinking of trying to control Kerbal space program (ie the WSAD keys) with it, and I think you'd really need it to be the momentary press instead of toggle. Is that something that I could do by editing the .ini file for example?

6. lblb

@glinkot

I'm glad you like it.

As far as "momentary" press, you can use the timed toggle (for which you can set the un-toggling delay, which will happen only once the pen has left the canvas). But, rather, I think what you are asking for is to simultaneously press a button (maybe with a finger) while you click somewhere else on the screen (maybe with the pen). That is indeed by far the most common request, but it is not possible with Toolbar Creator. If you are interested in that, you may want to look at the very cool but not free TabletPro, or at the slightly deprecated RadialMenu (which I haven't tested in a long while so I don't know if it works anymore in Windows 10.)

7. glinkot

glinkot Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi lblb,

Not as fancy as the double touch thing you mentioned. Just basically making a button work like a real key - ie I start holding it, key is down. I let go 3 seconds later, key no longer down. For game control (and let's face it, I'm only experimenting anyway!) a timed period wouldn't work too well as you might need to hit the thrust key for example for 0.1 seconds or 15 seconds, it'll depend.

I did have a bit of a look at tabletpro but really like the flexibility and openness of what you've created. I'm not sure how active they are, I registered for their updates and nothing has come through.

8. lblb

@glinkot

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I understand what you mean and agree that it could be a nice addition since there is no way to really do this. Unfortunately, Toolbar Creator is no longer in development...

In terms of using toolbars to play games, TabletPro (which is still under development, by one dude) has an onscreen game pad/controller component. I've never used it though, as I much prefer the simplicity of Toolbar Creator (TabletPro is a nightmare to install and configure! but it's cool once you get it going).

9. Someone123

Someone123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a way to add or remove tiles to an already created toolbar, this is the only annoyance that i've encountered so far, it takes a while to create and customize a toolbar, having to go through the entire process just to add an extra button later on is really painful.

Thanks!

10. lblb

@Someone123

Yes you can do that rather easily. But I never developed an interface for it so you have to do it manually by editing the text file for your toolbar. The instructions to do this are in the pdf file posted separately in the first post. Once you understand how to do it, it's quite easy.

Let me know if you need any help!

thatcomicsguy and Someone123 like this.