Toolbar Creator - v. 2.2 beta available for download!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Jun 27, 2014.

1. TE7

TE7 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'll send PM to you.

Thank you.

2. Obi

Obi Pen Pal - Newbie

This program is awesome! Thanks a bunch. I've got some nice Acdsee toolbars setup that make reading comics a breeze. But one problem I'm having is that while I'm running this my volume buttons don't work. Instead of changing the volume they just output the letters B & C. I saw the Surface 3 -> Map volume buttons section, but that is set to off. Is there anything else I might be missing? (Miix 700 if that matters)

3. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

4. Obi

Obi Pen Pal - Newbie

That fixed it. Thanks!

5. lblb

Cool!

6. Alexandr

Alexandr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello! Please tell me how in the latest version of toolbar creator add button new? For example I created the design of the 12 buttons, then I needed to add 4 new buttons. What to do in the settings? Or only ini file to edit?

7. lblb

@Alexandr,

You can manually add buttons to an already existing toolbar by editing the toolbar's ini file. The process is explained on pages 4-5 of the advanced instructions in pdf format that are available at the bottom of the very first post here.

Let me know if you need any help after reading those instructions.

8. Alexandr

Alexandr Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank You very much! Figured out how to do it. It is very easy.

9. unimplode

unimplode Pen Pal - Newbie

Great work and thank you from a new N-trig user desperate for some old ArtDock functionality!

This is going to be super useful in general - but I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Momentary button push: Hotkey is sent when we push the button, released when we stop pushing. This would be useful especially for cases where you use modifiers plus cursor movement (like space bar to move the canvas in photoshop.)

2. Touch only visibility: Similar to the visibility option #2 to hide the toolbar when drawing through. I would love for the toolbar to hide whenever the cursor passes through it at all (including hover). This allows you to have a touch toolbar without removing screen real-estate from the pen or mouse. ArtDock had this functionality and it was great.

I'm not bad with autohotkey so I will poke around and see if I can tweak... but I thought I'd reach out to the master.
    Thanks again for this life saving tool!

10. lblb

@unimplode

Sorry for the late reply, I was away for a few days.

I'm glad you like it!

Momentary button push: In the options, you could set your toolbar button to be a toggle, or a timed toggle. A simple toggle would require that you hit the button again to release the hotkeys. Also see my reply to your next point.

Touch only visibility: Toolbar Creator is not optimized for touch interaction. To be clear, I use it all the time with Touch on my Windows 10 tablet, but it doesn't exploit some of the finest aspects of touch interactions. For example, it doesn't differentiate between touch, mouse, and pen inputs. So for now, what you mention is not possible. But if you really want to use more ArtDock-like functionality, such as the simultaneous use of touch and pen inputs, maybe you could look into TabletPro from the Windows store (alas, not free).

Cheers!