Toolbar Creator - v. 2.2 beta available for download!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Jun 27, 2014.

1. ufubo

ufubo Pen Pal - Newbie

Some other users also mentioned the same problem in previous pages but I couldn't see it resolved.
    Simply, I can't use my Win key when TC is running.
    When I try to hit Win+D or Win+E on my keyboard, start menu opens and Windows show me results containing D or E.

2. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@ufubo

I see. I am able to reproduce the problem. It's easy to fix but it means you would have to modify the code a bit. Are you willing to install AutoHotkey on your computer?

3. ufubo

ufubo Pen Pal - Newbie

I use it on my work pc at office but I will try. It would be really useful :)

Btw, are there any planned updates?

4. lblb

@ufubo

Ok, well try this first then. Here is a Dropbox link to a zip file containing a modified toolbar in which I removed anything that had to do with remapping the Win key. If you replace the original file named Your Toolbar.exe in the TC folder with the one in the zip file, does that eliminate your problem?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j371l1eb7azcd03/Your Toolbar ufubo.zip?dl=0

Unfortunately, there are no planned updates as I don't have any time to put on this right now. But if I ever find the time I would be very willing to publish an almost complete revamped Toollbar Creator (there is an updated version that is about 70% done, but my schedule has prevented me from doing any work on it for over a year now). So I'm still taking suggestions, but I don't know that I'll ever get to act on them.

ufubo likes this.
  5. ufubo

ufubo Pen Pal - Newbie

YESS!! I tried this exe at home and it worked fine. I guess it will fix it at the office too. This is great ;)

6. lblb

Cool, I'm glad it works!

ufubo likes this.
  7. ufubo

ufubo Pen Pal - Newbie

Me either :) Thank you...

8. mar czar

mar czar Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi.
    I'm new to forum, found this app for my just bought surface book as I like to use it with keyboard flipped other way round, and this just solved all my issues with tablet mode in illustrator lack of on screen short cuts especially in tablet mode, I'm really impressed and thankful form your creation! I was about to returning surface back o shop but this is quite revolutionary for adobe programs with touch input... lack of on screen undo or zoom in is just ridiculous, I wanted to surface dial but with this app I don't even need. I just start programming my own tool bars, I'm graphic designer so I plan to create nice icons which will match visually with adobe interfaces, will also modify icons colours so they will match grayish style of adobe tool bars. Will update photos and share soon. Thanks again, you make my life much easier ;)

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  9. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Several forum members felt exactly the same way as you some years back and chipped in with their time and programming chops to build it pretty much out of nothing.

The lion's share of the work and research was done by lblb, to whom we are eternally grateful! I use the button bar every single day.

I'm always glad when another graphic artist stumbles upon it. Makes me smile! :)

10. lblb

@mar czar
    I'm glad you like it and find it useful! Let me know if you have any questions.

@thatcomicsguy
    Haha! Those early days with the original "Photoshop toolbar" seem so long ago now (and that thread so deeply buried now)! Good thing you and Steve B jumped in early as I had no clue what I was doing and how it could all apply to art programs (I still almost never use art programs!) I think that whirlwind turned out to be a very productive, if very challenging and running-in-the-dark time-wasting, learning experience. Remember how you quickly started customizing your very own toolbar and eagerly ditched your static "Undo" button!

thatcomicsguy likes this.