Toolbar Creator - v. 2.2 beta available for download!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Mrtn83

Mrtn83 Pen Pal - Newbie

Added touchme gesture to the "Suite" as well. thanks for the tip ;)

Got through the initial shock of having to tinker with ini files to reedit toolbars and also managed to easily add another toolbar so I now have a tiny numpad in my upper right area for use in revit. Not sure what I did wrong last time I tried making duplicate toolbars.

both editing existing toolbar design and adding another is indeed easy enough. Also really starting to enjoy the right click alternative functions adding duplicate functions to all buttons :)

By now I rarely connect my mouse\keyboard even at the office and work effortless with touch + pen. awesome!

2. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Mrtn83

Cool. If you are looking to put more functions into each button, you may want to look into setting some buttons to be four-way sliders (set to sending the command once). This way, each button can provide up to six functions (up, down, left, right, click, right-click).

3. anguscoleman

anguscoleman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi lblb, congratulations for your wonderful software. Simple to use and incredibly efficient. I use it always with Photoshop. Thank you.

I have two issues though, that maybe you can help me with.
    First with Photoshop: when I push buttons to increase or decrease size of the brush, I cannot follow the changing of the size: after the first click, sadly the brush cursor becomes a small dot and I have to click again on canvas to check the brush size I have reached. That is quite slowing down my workflow.
    Second issue: when I use TC with small drawing apps optimized for touch (artrage touch and Sketchable, for ex), in full screen mode, TC disappear. It would be nice to have only the canvas in full screen and TC active.
    Well, I don't know if there are solutions to these issues. I thank you again, because nonetheless, toolbar creator is astounding.

Angelo

4. lblb

@anguscoleman

Hi Angelo,

For your buttons to change brush size, are you using buttons set to hotkeys [ and ]? You could instead make use of the Alt+right-click drag to see the size of the brush. The simplest way to do that would be to set a button to be a toggle for Alt (and then to right-click and drag). Alternatively, you could use a timed toggle so that it would release Alt automatically without you having to press the toolbar button again (once Alt is released, you are still able to resize, until you lift the pen from the canvas). This timed toggle of Alt is the same as the predefined function that's called "Photoshop Tool Resize". For both of these you can set the delay before releasing Alt. Alternatively, you could use the predefined "Photoshop Tool Resize 2" that (1) pressed Alt until you first put your pen on the screen then lift it again and (2) hides the toolbar out of the way.

For your other apps, can you suggest a free app on which I could try what you are describing (I am not in a position right now to verify if the ones you mention are free)?

Cheers!

5. anguscoleman

anguscoleman Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you very much for the solicitude, lblb. Yes, I always use two letters for changing brush size. Generally Q and W (or something else: the two default symbols you wrote, are not present on my italian keyboard :) ). I will study the methods you suggest me, I have to read them carefully because of my poor english.
    About the apps I told you about, Artrage is free only for some day, but Sketchable should be free permanently in its basic functions.

Thank you very much. I will let you know about the issue of the brush.

Angelo

6. FlameStream

FlameStream Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a way to do the opposite?
    The kind of toolbar I used to use was touch-centric: I could touch the toolbar buttons to activate their functionality, but if the pen cursor goes over it, the toolbar disappears and lets me click on things under it.
    Moreover, I could hold a button with touch while drawing, acting like on-screen modifier buttons.

7. lblb

@FlameStream

Unfortunately, Toolbar Creator doesn't differentiate touch from pen inputs. You can look into some of the visibility settings in the Options (there is a tab just for that), but you may not find what you mention (some of the visibility options seem to behave a bit differently depending on the version of Windows being used)..

If you are using Windows 10, the only toolbar systems that may allow you to use touch and pen independently (your last point) seem to be TabletPro (not free but still under development, I think), RadialMenu (not developed anymore, and apparently quite finicky to get working correctly), and maybe TouchKey (which I haven't looked into in a while).

Cheers!

8. ufubo

ufubo Pen Pal - Newbie

I use a Surface Book and I have a mixed usage (Photoshop+Rhinoceros+Windows Explorer) both as tablet and a desktop, so TC is left open while I use my hardware keyboard too.

The problem is; I use Win key as a modifier a lot.
    Win+D
    Win+E
    Win+Right
    Win+Left
    Win+Up
    Win+L
    Win+...

I don't want to add any Win shortcuts to my toolbar as it is easier to use keyboard keys under my hand. Is there a solution that will block TC's handling of Win key?

9. ufubo

ufubo Pen Pal - Newbie

By the way, this is my toolbar that I recently created. This may be my 8th or 9th toolbar in 2 years that I have created with my Surface Pro, Surface Pro2 and now with Surface Book.

First one is idle view and the second one shows some buttons toggled.
    Gray icons show the right-click actions of the related buttons.
    UfuboSurfaceBookTC.png UfuboSurfaceBookTC.png

10. lblb

@ufubo

Those are fantastic looking toolbars! Great job! I'm glad you find Toolbar Creator to be useful for your needs.

I'm not sure I understand your question about the Win key. So could you explain your question/problem/issue in more detail?