Toolbar Creator - v. 2.2 beta available for download!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Jun 27, 2014.

1. gekim84

gekim84 Pen Pal - Newbie

@lblb

You are right! I have to run them with admin rights and then the toolbars work as exected woohoo!

2. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi gekim,

There is no way right now to create a shortcut to a specific toolbar. In the next version, I've already started implementing an option where you can set it to automatically start with the default toolbar or set it to show you a menu that allows you to select the toolbar you want to launch. This sounds like it would be more efficient than having to create shortcuts for each individual toolbar. What do you think?

Edit: Great news about the admin thing! The next version will run as admin by default so I hope you won't have to set it on your won.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  3. gekim84

gekim84 Pen Pal - Newbie

@lblb
    wow this is all amazing!!!!
    i'm looking forward to it all in the next version.

4. miko3d

miko3d Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi lbl

Thanks a lot for this tool,its really helping a lot for us artists!
    I have one request,that i hope it has not been asked before...

Would it be posible to have a small time out BEFORE the "action" is executed

ill explain,im working with a texturing software called "Mari" by The foundry, it likes keyboard shortcuts with context awareness of cursor position,so say for example i want to focus in an area of the model where the mouse is hovering ,ill move the mouse and then press the corresponding key,at the moment this is not posible as the "action" happens were the toolbar button is pressed on the screen :(

Im wondering if a small time out workaround will do the trick... if there was a customizeble delay for when i press the toolbar button and when the action is executed,this will give enough time to just click with a finger the button and then place the mouse were we need with another tap on the screen,if this could be implemented for all the different button types would be great as there are other tools like floating marking menus which would benefit.

Just a thought,
    once again thanks a lot mate!

5. thewish

thewish Pen Pal - Newbie

First off, what tablet/hybrid runs Mari efficently?
    I use Mari frequently at my office, what tools/actions are you hoping to do with the tool bar?

6. miko3d

miko3d Pen Pal - Newbie

Mari is real GPU hog ,Im running version 2.6v3 on my vaio flip 15 with the 2GB nvidia 735m GPU,core i7, 12GB ram and 512 gb SSD
    Got most of my setup working nicely with the onscreen toolbar,apart from a few important hotkeys like "framing" and any kind of floating menus such as brush selection,obj/shader/channel/layer or image manager,Hence my request.

Being able to use marking/floating menus properly will help with lots of other software.

7. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi lblb, may I ask if we can add a modifier togglekey with Toolbar creator? I have been looking for a while but could not find one. A right-click action can serve the same purpose with conventional hotkey but cannot do so with slider key I suppose.

8. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi cleft,

I'm not sure I understand what you want. Do you just want a normal button to toggle modifiers? If this is the case, you can set the button to Type 3 on the customization tab. Or do you want to toggle modifiers with slider buttons? If that's the case, then that function is already in the next version (I think Marty had suggested it in an earlier post).

Cheers!

Hi miko3d,

I'm glad you like it.

I have never used Mari and I'm not familiar with the program. I think I understand what you mean except for the floating marking menus. Are these Mari menus that appear when you hit a certain hotkey in a given region of the canvas?

When you send a hotkey to where the cursor is, do you need pixel precision or does the cursor only need to be in a certain region? If it comes down to it, I could potentially install the 15-day trial version of Mari if you explain exactly what you need (and if that function is included in the trial version).

Would you need that for all the different button types (it would obviously not be possible with sliders as the cursor needs to be on the toolbar) or just the Type 1 hotkey button?

Depending on your answer to the previous question, I can see a few possibilities. I could add a customizable delay to all button actions (there is actually only one command that controls what every button does) but I would prefer something less general. If you are just looking for Type 1 buttons (and maybe right-click actions?), then maybe it would be more practical to create a new preset to send a hotkey with a delay.

I can think of other possibilities... For example, maybe it could be something like

- you hit the button on the toolbar
    - a small button appears under the cursor and follows the cursor around
    - you move the pen to the area of interest and push the small button and the hotkey is sent to where the cursor is​

or maybe something like

- you hit a button that allows you to save specific coordinates on your screen
    - then you hit a button on the toolbar and the cursor moves to those specific coordinates before sending the hotkey​

What do you think? Other ideas?

9. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

I meant the later case, it's great to know that it is ready in the next version! Really sorry for the confusion, I was trying to describe the modifier button specified by "Mod:" command in Koide's original script.

10. thewish

thewish Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi lblb and miko3d,

For the menus in Mari, think your second option sounds like the best route to go without overly complicating matters. In Mari the user moves the cursor to somewhere in the viewport, holds down the key specific to launching the desired menu (say (j) for the colour picker) works within the temporary on-screen menu, then releases the key to hide the menu. If the possibility exists to run it something like below, it should work for Mari/miko3d.

- you hit a button that allows you to save specific coordinates on your screen
    - then you hit a button on the toolbar and the cursor moves to those specific coordinates before sending the hotkey
    - hotkey is set to hold or set to a timer (possibly user specified?)
    - if the key is set to hold, have a right click function to remove the hold on the key / or / hit the original button to remove the hold on the key.

Miko3d, does this sound about right?