Toolbar Creator - v. 2.2 beta available for download!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Jun 27, 2014.

1. gekim84

gekim84 Pen Pal - Newbie

@lblb
    hello, the middle-click needs to be pressed the entire time to be able to pan around

2. MrMagoo

MrMagoo Pen Pal - Newbie

@IbIb
    Thank you for this great bit of software. I am now using it on my Sony VAIO flip 15a and it wonderful!

@kozak79; reloaded; surfaceproartist

This is directed towards any user for that matter who has made a custom toolbar for zbrush; maya; 3dsmax; photoshop. I haven't been very successful in making my own toolbars; they certainly suffice, yet I feel others have done better. Might someone share a link to their custom toolbar and set of icons!? Thank you in advance.

Again, thank you so very much for Toolbar Creator IbIb!

3. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey MrMagoo,

I'm glad you find it useful. Don't hesitate to report back here for suggestions and bugs.

Sharing toolbars is very easy. If you want to share a toolbar, all you need is to provide the .ini file of the toolbar (it's in the Files\Toolbars subfolder, and the user should put it in that folder) and the icons (and corresponding activated icons) that you put in the Files\Images subfolder (the activated icons need to go in Files\Images\Activated). Restart Toolbar Creator and the toolbar should now appear in the "Toolbar selection" menu.

Cheers!

4. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

lblb, thank you very much for making it LOTS more easier to design a toolbar. Also just wondering if we could edit layout of an existing toolbar yet? I tried playing around with _Height and _Width arguments in the .ini file but it did not seem to take any effect. Sorry if it has been answered before :D

*edit: oops I forgot this one, docking option?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  5. lblb

@kozak79:
    The files you sent me are terrific! Once I upload the next version (hopefully in a week or two), I'll see what I can do about making your work available to others. And yes, the new versions has all kinds of improvements but I'm still trying to figure out a good way to include mouse buttons in there. We'll see.

@cleft:
    I'm glad you like it. Editing an existing toolbar is easy once you know how to do it. See my comment for kozak79 at the bottom of post 90 for instructions: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/software/63014-toolbar-creator-9.html#post407751
    Also, what do you mean by "docking option"?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  6. cleft

I was trying to edit "General toolbar" layout and changing its Button_Width and Button_Height did not have any effect. However setting Type_Toolbar at 2 instead of 1 sorted that but I lost the 3 small buttons (tray menu?) on the top. It's not too bad but I miss the minimize button..

Also by docking, I meant something like the window taskbar, in the sense that it does not cover any part of a window and windows need to shrinks down to fit with the taskbar (I hope I'm not making more confusing..). I remember that specifying #Window:Docking=100 in gahfe's slatepal does it but somehow I can't get slatepal work at the momen

7. lblb

Hi cleft,

To edit the General Toolbar (such as changing the size or the button images and commands), it's much better to use the Options (available through the toolbar's menu or through the tray menu) than to do it manually. In there, you can assign any keyboard shortcut to any button and set any button to Minimize (even set it as a right-click option).

There are two types of toolbars. Type 1 is like the General Toolbar: it has three small buttons at the top and only two columns. Through the Customization tab in the Options, you can select the number of button rows (up to 10 rows). If you want a new toolbar of this type, you can just clone (using the button on the first tab of the Options) the General Toolbar and customize the clone.
    Type 2 is like the provided dummy toolbar. You can design new toolbars like this (up to 100 buttons on a 10 x 10 canvas) using the Design button on the first tab of the Options. Once you've designed and saved a toolbar of this type, only then do you have to manually edit the .ini file if you want to change the number or size of individual buttons by following the procedure I linked to in the previous post.

So in short: do all your modifications through the Options, not manually.

As for the docking option: Thanks for the explanation, I now understand what you meant. In SlatePal, there was just a function that would (1) de-maximize then (2) shrink and then (3) move the Photoshop (or other program) window so that it was on the side of the SlatePal toolbar and didn't overlap with the toolbar. Would a move/resize function like this be useful? Maybe another option that is already in the next version could be more useful? In this new option, the Toolbar Creator toolbar can be set to disappear when you draw through it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  8. cleft

lblb, thank you very much for the explicit explanation! I just wanted to save my laziness by reusing buttons in the General toolbar with some modifications. Still I don't understand why only 1x1 button can be added to the General toolbar under Type1. Anyway I'll just create a new Type2 then..

The former option if it is possible please :D I use the toolbar for pretty much everything including web browsing and reading pdf files. In some websites and documents, the toolbar covers part of the text regardless of its position.

9. ejoya

ejoya Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there an "always on top" option? This will very helpful especially for full screen apps that needs esc button.

10. thewish

thewish Pen Pal - Newbie

There is an option for this. I dont have my laptop with me right now, but the option should be somewhere in the first couple of menus, in amongst the positioning of the toolbar.