To everyone who own a Slate, please post you batchnumber/modelnummer and state of screen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by timpaatkins, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

2. mittmark

mittmark Scribbler - Standard Member

I am one of the "BB" slates and I can say with absolute certainty that my slate has the screen lifting problem. I opened the box and could tell right away it was affected. I Could push down on the glass and it would move. The screen was raised unevenly around the bezel. I applied firm clamps overnight and it held for about 2 days. Now its back and I'm going to wait till the end of my 14 day return period before I take it back. Hopefully, the problem will be fixed soon. So if 1 BB is bad, probably the issue was not fixed at the time of manufacture.

3. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Mittmark, you had a lot of flex in yours right? apparently the BB ones that are good dont have this flex, they "feel solid as a brick".

4. thecakeisalie

thecakeisalie Pen Pal - Newbie

FWIW, my BB's glass is actually below bezel level around the entire perimeter, besides the bottom left corner, where it's very marginally above (barely noticeable unless you look very closely).

5. mittmark

yes, mine has flex and creaks when I twist opposite corners.

6. timpaatkins

The old one right, but not the new one?

7. mittmark

I was going to wait till the end of the 14 day return period before I return it, hoping that newer models have been fixed by then. As understand it, after 14 days you can get the slate fixed or repaired. I guess I could go back to the Ms store and demand a new model, but I'm trying to work within the 14 day policy. I don't want the slate sent off for repair or be without it.

8. timpaatkins

Ahh, when are your 14 days up and what MS store did you get yours at?

9. Coyote

Coyote Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been using the slate "BB" that I got from the MS Tysons Store. So far it looks good. No flex and no bezel issue. Let's see how it holds up. As I mentioned in a prior post, 5 out of 6 display units at the MS store had definite bezel issues.

10. alvarez13

alvarez13 Scribbler - Standard Member

Got to play with my uncle's iPad 2 this weekend as was amazed by how solid it was. No flex at all and no signs of a loose bezel whatsoever. That's the feel I want this to have. Sigh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.