To everyone who own a Slate, please post you batchnumber/modelnummer and state of screen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by timpaatkins, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagger9903

Dagger9903 Pen Pal - Newbie

HLCXXXCBA00XXXP - Unit arrived looking good and still feels solid. Slight slight slight (wouldn't have ever noticed it if it wasn't for this forum) lifting (if you can even call it that), but so far so good. Use it handheld and leave it in dock all the time, so I guess we'll see what happens.

2. tricky

tricky Pen Pal - Newbie

Took a bit of maneuvering to get enough light in there. It normally doesn't stand out this much.

[​IMG]

3. thecakeisalie

thecakeisalie Pen Pal - Newbie

Yup exactly like mine... the rest of the perimeter around the screen looks air-tight.

4. anteatereater

anteatereater Scribbler - Standard Member

same here. this is the bottom left corner, right? i can push all the other corners/sides up and in, but this one is especially stubborn

5. thecakeisalie

thecakeisalie Pen Pal - Newbie

Yup, near the power jack, at the bottom of the screen.

6. area52

area52 Scribbler - Standard Member

Actually that see-thru gap is one of the reasons I'm considering returning. I think that white piece inside might be adhesive tape(?) holding down the lcd. And the glass is on top of the opaque lcd--held on with uv curable glass glue.

On second thought, the glass might have a painted black border.:confused:

7. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form

This might be answered else where but I thought I'd mention this here. I was aware of two model types, the a01 and the a03, with the difference between the two being the size of the ssd supplied with it. I noticed on Samsung's support page under software downloads that there are 2 others model numbers:
    a04
    a05

Does anyone know the significance of these, and whether or not anyone has received one of these.

2d

8. jerelyn

jerelyn Scribbler - Standard Member

I believe those two are Windows Pro, vs the Windows Home of 01 and 03

9. asifisme77

asifisme77 Pen Pal - Newbie

That does look like extra adhesive (or whatever it is). Mine is a CBA and has a much smaller 'white strip'....maybe about 0.5 cm only showing at the left edge. However, I am not convinced that it resolves the issue though. The screen is lifting up on mine in the center bottom area....unless that while stuff extended all the way along the bottom I dont see how it can resolve the screen lift. But I hope it does work...lets see.

10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.