To everyone who own a Slate, please post you batchnumber/modelnummer and state of screen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by timpaatkins, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anteatereater

anteatereater Scribbler - Standard Member

HLVJ93CBA023xxY
    @MS Store in Costa Mesa, CA on 11/11/11

Top: good
    Right: good
    Left: meh
    Bottom: bad
    *Light leaks at the bottom right and left so far (hopefully dries soon)

At first I thought it was not sitting straight on the dock or that the dock was mounting the S7S crooked. It was poking out a whole lot on the bottom right side. Launch button was alright though compared to my other one.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. tricky

tricky Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks denzia. Unfortunately I was only offered the option of one or the other but not both. I took the 25% - still a much better deal than the online store one I just returned. The serial number is indeed KBB. Hope this one holds up well.

3. thecakeisalie

thecakeisalie Pen Pal - Newbie

Got a replacement - serial number [...]CBB018xxR. Feels solid as a brick, has an updated BIOS, and the screen is fairly even all around (no raising anywhere). That's just the initial impressions... hopefully it holds up in the long run.

There's a slight maybe half-millimeter gap between the glass and bezel if you look directly at the screen in the bottom left corner and I can see something a strip of something light-colored in the gap, but that's the only 'flaw' I can see so far.

4. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Sounds good man, lets hope shes a keeper. You def. say there was a difference between the first and second in regards to flex?

5. thecakeisalie

The very first one I sent back had the worst screen lift issue (3 of 4 sides, around the entire perimeter) and was the least solid - flexed easily. The second one (that I exchanged today) felt fine with occasional creaks when handling it, but flexing was minimal even when twisted gently by hand.

For some reason restoring my data onto the new tablet failed in the middle (probably a faulty USB drive cable) and I can't get it to work right now without a keyboard, so I'll have to play with it more when I get home tonight. My initial impression is that the back doesn't flex at all when holding it and it feels much more like a single unit than a bunch of parts stuck together.

They even left the clear plastic on the Windows button haha. I have a good feeling about it, though I'd love if there would be no gap in the bottom left. Can't win everything though I guess.

6. jamesT

jamesT Pen Pal - Newbie

Good news indeed. Mine that I'm exchanging was never "solid as a brick." It was always creaky. However, it took 3 weeks for the bezel to pop up.

Cheers to hoping because I love this damn thing more than any gadget out there.

7. timpaatkins

Hehe, thats sweet Cake, in regards to the 0.5mm "gap", well I just think you're splitting hairs, literally! You got it at the LA store? I cant rememeber

8. thecakeisalie

Nah upstate, in Santa Clara. Haha what can I say, I have good attention to detail :cool: That gap doesn't bother me, as long as the glass remains glued evenly all around...

9. trob

trob Pen Pal - Newbie

HL8J93CBA003xxH

Purcased mine from Tigerdirrect Ebay 01/11/11,received it last week, maybe i'm the first owner of this mobile Cintiq here in Indonesia. I noticed the screen lifting problem few minutes after opening the box, 1-1.5mm at the bottom ,0.5mm at the left and top.

This problem really annoyed me since I paid almost $300 extra for import tax,shipping etc, and cant afford the luxury to exchange/return it :(

10. timpaatkins

Sucks Trob, did you fix it? Dab of glue or just live with it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.