To everyone who own a Slate, please post you batchnumber/modelnummer and state of screen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by timpaatkins, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Yea I think youre right, I guess I got excited about the nonflexing and noncreaking. Ive updated to suit.

Edit I reread jerelyns post again and Im changing it back to good, since the gap is not the screen lifting per sey, but a gap on the horizontal plane so to speak, and is not lifting from the bezel.

2. SlateLvr

SlateLvr Pen Pal - Newbie

USA. And it is KBB. I checked it again. :)

3. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

HLVJ93CBA01xxxE purchased from online Microsoft Store Oct. 20 and received Oct. 27 and thus far satisfied with using superglue though I've done a second application to reinforce the first.

4. Coyote

Coyote Pen Pal - Newbie

I worked out an exchange several days ago with MS Web Store and then they cancelled the order without notice. Found out a couple of days later. I ordered an exchange unit and it was scheduled. Yesterday I recevied a call from the person at MS Signature service that setup the first exchange. He was following up. He didn't know what caused the cancel either, but went on to suggest going to the new Tysons Corner, VA store and finding one without the problem but also to take advantage of the 25% discount. With the discount.

So today I went down to the store. Found one that seems ok for the moment. I also picked up a 3 years Assurance and in all paid less than what I did with the MS Web Store. Oh and yes I did get the free dock.

On display at the store most of the units had some form of lifting going on.

Very nice store and nice folks working there. It's a pleasure to see good customer service. The person from MS Web Store Signature service deserves kudos as well. I called him from the store today and he cancelled the online exchange unit and confirmed getting me the return shipping labels for the unit with the issue.

5. anteatereater

anteatereater Scribbler - Standard Member

I have 2, I'll post stats on the other one later:
    HLVJ93CBA02xxxX
    @MS Store in Costa Mesa, CA October 30
    • I was happy with it so far since it didn't have light leak issues like the 2nd one (you can make a different thread for that haha), but this whole time I kept thinking the touchpad launcher button was "sinking in" until I read this thread about the entire glass lifting!
    • Top side has good gluing, right side is medium, left side is bad, bottom is the worst

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  6. mtqpham

mtqpham Pen Pal - Newbie

I also have one from the Costa Mesa store. I have a HLVJ93CBA00520W. The left side of my S7S is creeking and a lil raised it isnt bad but the creeking concerns me. I wonder what i should do?

7. denzia

denzia Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys, I have HLVJ93KBB00xxxR,
    I went to the Century City store today, and made a hopefully final exchange, this one is pretty sturdy, also the pen nibs that came with it are all plastic, not the softer ones.

8. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Denzia, thats the new one you got or the old one you returned? How odd that the pen nibs were different! I hope this one stays good!

9. tricky

tricky Pen Pal - Newbie

Does the Century City store offer both the free dock and 25% off?

10. denzia

denzia Pen Pal - Newbie

@timpaatkins
    The KBB is the new one, that last i returned, which i forgot to write down did have a CB.

@tricky
    As far as I know, both the 25% and the dock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.