To everyone who own a Slate, please post you batchnumber/modelnummer and state of screen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by timpaatkins, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey dstrauss,

Just thought that maybe you would be interested in the following since you seem to use OneNote a lot.
    I have found that my productivity with OneNote (on a EP121) can really be increased by using the great touch AutoHotkey script that has been presented here and on the EP121 forum (adapted by some users into ArtDock and PaintDock). For example, you can use the stylus with one hand and switch pen color very easily just by hitting a button on the script with your other hand.
    Anyway, if you're interested, I've highlighted a way to do this in the following thread:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep121-slate/48820-hotkey-shortcuts-different-pens-onenote.html

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I'm an admitted OneNote fanboy! If you go beyond the basics, the learning curve can be steep, but I can't understate: (1) what a great platform it is, and (2) the unbelievably PATHETIC job Microsoft has done promoting it. Without a doubt, it could easily sell the tablet PC platform by itself if included in all slates and tablets. You can't imagine the look on the face of a college student when they see you writing just like pen on paper, adding/editing text in multi-colors, inserting text/documents/pictures/etc at will, and then SEARCHING the whole thing without any conversion necessary. BRILLIANT.

Thanks for the heads up - I'm going to have to give that a try. Didn't I thought it was more a drawing add-on; didn't realize it enhanced productivity so much.

3. Zemata

Zemata Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wanted to post saying my S7 arrived today and the SN is HLB691CC100514

Haven't seen anyone mention that one and I'm currently debating opening it. I'll post again when I do.

4. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

5. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Well, guess what? Right out of the box - big time lift on the lower left corner of the tablet. I can actually push my finger nail underneath the screen. The thing is that this this thing was delivered from an Amazon merchant to my friends in the US and they fedexed it to me in Belize. The seller has a 15 day return on computers so, I'm screwed. I havent even turned it on yet.

My SN is HLVJ93KBC00###H

6. Undel

Undel Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased my tablet a week ago off of newegg. There is no screen lifting, dead pixels, or flexing. I'm quite pleased with it.

SN ******CC5****2Y

(This is the A06 model. I don't know if that makes a difference, but my SN seemed different than what the first post said it should be?)

7. BlackMatrixXRS

BlackMatrixXRS Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought mine 6 months ago. S/N: HLC893BB01400T, no problems, looks like new.

8. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

9. ArcticUK

ArcticUK Pen Pal - Newbie

HLVJ93CBB01XXXY - purchased 12 December 2011. No issues with screen lift or creaking.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.