To everyone who own a Slate, please post you batchnumber/modelnummer and state of screen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by timpaatkins, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

Maybe the best. The build quality of Lifebook T and Stylistic series are superior to almost any other brands. It's a pity that they adopted a sluggish oak trail.

2. asifisme77

asifisme77 Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is HLVJ93CBA006xxW.

Screen lifting at the bottom (near windows button), its going back to MS this week.

3. Coyote

Coyote Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is HLVJ93CBA009xxA

The screen is lifting at the bottom (near the windows button). I've arranged for an exchange.

The dock seems to make things worse.

Love this computer. Really upset at this issue.

4. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

HLVJ93CBA004**P

The screen is lifting at the top above the webcam.

It's not bad really but I'm out of luck being in the UK as no-one wants to know :(

5. SlateLvr

SlateLvr Pen Pal - Newbie

HLVJ93KBB00xxxV

Bought at Tysons corner, VA store on Nov 17, 2011

Couple of days and I haven't noticed anything yet. They didn't give the free dock (and I'll try to get it today or tomorrow). Then I'll try with the dock as well.

The bezel and back are firm. And I've the 2 year Microsoft assure plan.

Even when it is not charging, I notice that it is quite warm at the back top. Also can hear the fan noise. Any ideas to keep it quiet?

No dead pixels.

I haven't tried the stylus completely. Will update after trying it out.

6. alvarez13

alvarez13 Scribbler - Standard Member

HLVJ93CBA014__K

So much lift! The entire edge on the dock side is separated with dust getting under the touch layer and one of the other edges has a gap where I can see all kinds of stuff getting in.

7. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I bought my first one on 11/24 and I don't know the S/N sorry,it hada slight raising of the screen and some creaking. I didn't return it because of that though, my USB port went out and couldn't get beyond the BitLocker PIN. I exchanged and the new one has no issues feels much more solid. The S/N ends in "D".....

8. tricky

tricky Pen Pal - Newbie

HLVJ93CBA021xxD

Slight lift developed at the bottom left and right corners over the course of two weeks, but seemed to stablize. No lift at all on the top edge or by the windows button.

9. tymoore122

tymoore122 Going mobile!

I have a unit w/BB and Z and its good. Bought at MSFT Store in Bellevue 2 days ago. Cheers, Ty

10. jamesT

jamesT Pen Pal - Newbie

HLVJ93CBA000**H

Was very solid until today. Thought I had completely gotten lucky. Took it out of the sleeve and at the bottom, to the right of the Windows button, it had completely popped up. To the point that very little flex can lift it all the way up, and when you push it back down it makes a little cracking sound.

Immediately called Samsung, sending it in for repair. Would rather do that than get a new one. I don't have much faith in that assembly line. They better fix this damn thing. Not just because I paid good $, but because I freakin' love it.

So to those who have had it less than a month and think they have a good one...beware...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.