To everyone who own a Slate, please post you batchnumber/modelnummer and state of screen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by timpaatkins, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rangerb3

rangerb3 Scribbler - Standard Member

I just got my CBC unit to replace the CBA unit...I used the 1st S7S without a dock and the screen seperation didn't appear until almost 2 months. I am going to use the CBC in the Sammy case only....no dock unless I really see a need....

I'll keep a close eye on the new S7S...

2. Deathdemon

Deathdemon Pen Pal - Newbie

My S7S has finally made its way to Ukraine (that's where I live). Ordered at BBFB, and the serial appeared to be KBB, with an exclusive number 00666 :D
    I didn't find any issues so far, after half day of usage, except the lower left corner raised about 0.5 mm above the edge, like was reported for many other KBBs. Will post an update here if it gets worse, but currently it doesn't seem like an issue to me.

3. Antfield

Antfield Pen Pal - Newbie

My 2nd unit was perfect for a few months and I was really confident the bezel problem is no longer an issue for this unit. However, after 2 months of usage (all that time, the slate is mainly in the stand case, and not used with the dock), the bottom corners have not come unglued. It is raising a bit, and more annoying, one corner squeak when i push it down.....

So sad, it used to be solid. Anyway, I did get this unit with 2 year MS Assure plan for only $100 (they gave me a $100 discount for my trouble). So months from now, if it come all the way off, then it's time to call in the insurance!

4. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Ant, that was a BB right? Should I take it off the "Good" list?

5. Antfield

Antfield Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah it was BB. Take it off! :p

6. jerome snail

jerome snail Pen Pal - Newbie

BA, screen bezel problem out of the box :(

7. somnambulus

somnambulus Pen Pal - Newbie

CBB from Amazon. Bad again bezel again. On a side note, Amazon had a message on their page that they wouldn't sell anymore S7S until the problem '...their customers have reported' has been resolved...." The message is now gone from their homepage, hopefully the next slate I get on Friday will be ok. It will be my third Slate.

8. p1154

p1154 Pen Pal - Newbie

I got an FBB from the microsoft store in Chicago three days ago. According to the clerk in the store, every other unit they had was a CBB. The FBB I have has a perfect bezel and feels very solid, no flex or creak. Haven't heard of any FBB on this forum or anywhere else.

9. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Maybe "F" stands for fixed. :)

10. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.