To everyone who own a Slate, please post you batchnumber/modelnummer and state of screen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by timpaatkins, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm, Im not sure if I should list you guys BB´s as good or bad yet. You say that they are "push-downable" but lift back up after a while right? But they feel solid otherwise with no "flex"?

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

It's borderline. To users I would say 'I can live with this', but to Samsung I would say 'this is bad'. It should feel rock solid, but as you say, I can push it down, and then over a few seconds it comes lifting back out.

If you have a suggestion of how to quickly post a pic on here (where do you host these?) I can include that in my post.

3. timpaatkins

I myself have tried to figure that out, I end up hosting the pics on my blog and then linking them here...

4. cegras

cegras Scribbler - Standard Member

Do all BB models have that small white shim on one side of the screen? Seems like that was there to increase grip of the bezel on the glass; perhaps they were mismatched from the original run.

5. RocketBoots

RocketBoots Pen Pal - Newbie

In the past two weeks I've had three slates - all CBA. The first one had the screen lift after a week, the second had a digitiser that was so inaccurate it couldn't complete calibration, the third's digitiser was better... until it was plugged in.

I'm in the UK so it seems we have received the earlier batch of slates.

6. timpaatkins

Wow, Rocketboots, they weren't imports, but UK official versions?

7. RocketBoots

RocketBoots Pen Pal - Newbie

Thats right Tim, I bought them from John Lewis (who have been fantastic to deal with by the way).

8. mittmark

mittmark Scribbler - Standard Member

I returned my first BB back to the MS store. The second one was also a BB with only a slightly raised left corner like others have reported. I'll keep a watch on it, and if it gets worse, back it goes again. right now the slate is perfect in every way, speed, battery life, touch response, ease of use, except for the screen issue.
    mitt

9. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Just got a BB with the only slightly raised left corner as well, from the Microsoft store.

10. tabletdummy

tabletdummy Scribbler - Standard Member

Not sure where you bought it but in the US I don't think it's legal to sell refurbished goods as new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.