To everyone who own a Slate, please post you batchnumber/modelnummer and state of screen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by timpaatkins, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mhotep

Mhotep Scribbler - Standard Member

Just seeing the thread. Mine is HLVJ93CBA00372N. Slight and I do mean slight raised screen at bottom but doesn't pop up. Very slight creak with flexing. I've been using since the first batch went out and still love it..

2. murix

murix Pen Pal - Newbie

My experience is the same. First batch with some flexing but does not pop up.

3. NSCE

NSCE Pen Pal - Newbie

I have two - both BA's from Amazon. First one was flexing and loose all the way down the left side. Second one is also loose, but not as bad. Will exchange both in a couple weeks.

4. Saluda

Saluda Pen Pal - Newbie

Got my replacement today, it is a BB. The tablet seems firm, there is no lifting or flexing that I can see. Debating if I want to use the docking station or not? Did the dock station cause the problem with the first tablet(BA) I return.

I think the back of the tablet is different. Trying to remember if the words Samsung was flush. The Samsung label has texture to it(stands out). The serial number is easlier to read.

5. NSCE

NSCE Pen Pal - Newbie

On both of my BA's the "SAMSUNG" on the back is raised - not flush.

6. Saluda

Saluda Pen Pal - Newbie

Just did not remember it being raised. Did you use the dock with yours?

7. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Packing up my Slate to ship back to the Microsoft Store, hoping the exchange model they give me doesn't have the problem.

The problem got worse and my Slate, the entire bottom portion of the bezel is loose and creeks and flexs quite frequnetly. And the sides are starting to have alittle flex too. At present, only the top portion by the camera has no issue.

To point out, my operation and use of the slate hasn't been too impacted. Despite concerns over dust and moisture getting in, neither has happened, and at present the slate is still useable....but where as the creek and flex originaly in just the left corner has spread thru 75% of the bezel....returning it now is my best option while I can still do so.......trying to hold back the tears guys. :(

My specs are

S/N: HLVJ93CBA00811
    Xe700T1A-A04US

8. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form

Just got the a03 last night. It's serial is:

hlc893cbbxxxxxz

It feels more solid than the A01, and slightly heavier. (could have to do with the larger ssd, but doubt it)

I don't hear any creaking, but there is one edge that is ever so slightly raised on the left side. I remain optimistic it wont be a problem, but will be sure to let you know if it becomes one.

After using the built in samsung backup software to restore the backed up image from the A01, i was ready to roll in about 20 minutes. Was nice.

However installing the new wireless drivers, and the touch launcher where a serious pain.

Hopefully Samsung will continue to improve that process.

2d

9. Marciano

Marciano Pen Pal - Newbie

Got mine on Saturday from the Oak Brook, IL MS Store. It's a CBB unit --- sorry I don't have the exact S/N with me now.

The bottom left corner is very slightly raised. If I push it down, it seems to stay put. I guess that then, just handling the tablet, it raises back up. As 2disbetter posted, right now it doesn't seem to be a problem. But, I'm keeping an eye on my 14-day return window...

10. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

New S7S 'BB' vintage owner here. Lower left corner is lifted by maybe 0.3mm above the bezel, so not that much. I can push it down to make it flush though, so there's still something not quite right about the assembly.

Slightly more unnerving is that the metal around the dock connector is a little bent out of shape, despite never having inserted it in the dock. Refurbished unit maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.