Tm2t fan. Of in bios. will not shut off

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by r3fr4cti0n, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r3fr4cti0n

r3fr4cti0n Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys i have had this problem for a while but just not getting around to finding a fix for it.

i have my fan off in my bios. the computer is cool, but my fan never shuts off. im only getting 4-4.5 hours bat on power saver mode.

any ideas how to fix the fan problem? i would like my 5+ hours of bat life like i had on my first tm2t.

culv 1.3
    intel graphix

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What bios version are you running?
    have you tried disabling/ enabling the "fan always on" feature in the bios?

Also if you really want to eek out the battery life, the key is to watch your Task Manager (it should be pretty low when actually in use: 5-30%; but when you are done with it , close it so it doesn't use resources) and also turn your screen brightness as low as you are are able to comfortably do (I usually have it at the lowest because I prize my batery life, and I can usually adjust it so I can see it wel)

The next best thing to do is buy a god SSD (I have this one -Micro Center - Patriot Inferno PI120GS25SSDR 120GB 2.5" SATA 3.0GB/s Solid State Drive (SSD) PI120GS25SSDR-, it still has a good sale). so far it looks like the ssd has added up to 1-2hrs under normal or minimal use. I've seen it accuratly estimated at 9.5 hrs during simple PDF reading (I think that was as minimal operating as I could get it while still doing things on it) but still a ssd will be a great speed upgrade, and it will probably add .5-1hr of "normal use" time (longer if you do more minimal things, and keep screen brightness down).

3. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Someone here has said that the biggest power sucker on a laptop is the screen. Lower the brightness to a value below 50%. I used to use 30%, but I got accustomed to it eventually, then I pushed it even Lower... 25%! :-D

That little doesn't work outdoors, though. There's a thread somewhere where people discuss all the possible tweaks to save power. Just as a reference point, I get about 6.5 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.