tm2 Recovery Disk/Partition to do Clean Windows 7 install?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by papi, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papi

papi Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi, great thread - chock full of good info.

Question: Does the TM2 come with a full Windows 7 install disc, or some lame-o recovery disc (or worse yet, you have to create them from a hard disk partition)?

Also noticed the wired LAN card is only 100mbps, not gigabit as is common these days. So it may be a concern if you regularly transfer huge amounts of data over the network.

- papi

2. papi

papi Scribbler - Standard Member

That's a bummer.

Any idea if the recovery discs can be used to install a second Windows 7 onto a second partition? To be more specific, can I create a new partition D:, leave the C: drive with its original Windows 7 and its boatload of bloatware as is, and install a clean Windows on D: drive using the recovery discs?

My experience has been with Dells which come with full Windows discs which allow me to do the above. I'm afraid recovery discs would only allow me to wipe the C: drive clean and reload the factory OS with the usual crapware.

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

@papi recovery partition to make disks, that's been standard on HP consumer laptops for years.

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Unfortunately the recovery media cannot be used to install Windows 7 to a 2nd partition or do a clean install. It is nor a full Windows Disk as you'd find w/ Dell.

You could however use these links from Notebook Review to get a copy of Windows 7 & use the key on the bottom of your machine OR back up & restore your activation & key using OREV's ABR.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015