TM2 Processor Update

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by impreZzA, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talin

talin Resident cynic

You know, it's kind of funny how I posted a thread long before this one, asking about an arrandale update for the TM2, and I got blasted for it, everyone saying how arrandale is such a useless upgrade. Then this thread comes, and everyone is excited for this new update.
    Just nice.

2. jkenny23

jkenny23 Scribbler - Standard Member

And those saying this wouldn't come till 2011, I probably should have held off my purchase, but all the nay-sayers convinced me to buy the original version. At least the difference isn't too significant. I'm pretty happy with my tm2.

3. eternal

eternal Scribbler - Standard Member

you want a cookie?

4. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

On the WPrime benchmark, the i5 is twice as fast as the SU7300 and 65% faster than the SU9600. The difference is substantial, in my opinion. If I knew HP were preparing such a good refresh, I would have postponed my purchase.

5. Debely

Debely Pen Pal - Newbie

The heat itself is a good reason to change if it's an important factor for you. I had a tx2500 too and heat was really an issue. I can say that everything changed for the better on tm2.:rolleyes: Only comparing photoshop cs4 startup time gives a significant difference.

6. nyx

nyx Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, I have got my 3rd tm2 and this one has some kind of problem with the keyboard, It just sounds like if the keys in the left werent properly fitted or something like that, I know some of you have got tis problem, have anyone tried to solve it??? I dont want to send this one back to HP aswell... The build quality is awefull.

7. pttuan89

pttuan89 Pen Pal - Newbie

It happens to my tm2 as well! From reading other thread, i think it's quite a common fault ...

8. nyx

nyx Pen Pal - Newbie

I know... I am pretty tired of Hp right now, I returned 2 already, because a problem with a fan first and because the second one froze too often...

So well, I guess this is just a problem of a badly screwed screw or something like that, have you fixed it or something?

9. pttuan89

pttuan89 Pen Pal - Newbie

I dont think we can fix it without voiding warranty. I'm just trying to live with it, since it's the only fault i can see atm. But maybe calling hp is not a bad idea.

10. impreZzA

impreZzA Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey,

I started my new tm2 :)

So question one, why is the login screen and the windos installation background that grainy?
    Looks like a bad resolution?

Any idea how to change that?

The more important question:

Which of the bloatware can be removed without any effect on the usability, there are around 70 programs installed so I have no real clue about that all (except Norton and MSN Toolbar)

So what can be removed?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.