tm2 & Pressure Sensitivity

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by doc Holliday, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighDecepticon

HighDecepticon Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok thanks! Do I need a special pen to accomplish this, or is the standard tm2 pen sufficiant?

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

no the tm2's pen is sufficient. All the active tablet pc pens are capable of pressure sensitivity. (the Inductive one's included on the tx2 & the Dell Latitude XT & XT2 should have pressure sensitivity before the year is out)

3. daslolo

daslolo Scribbler - Standard Member

How do you uninstall the wacom and hp tablet drivers? (the device manager doesn't indicate what the HID driver is for)

4. daslolo

daslolo Scribbler - Standard Member

From a clean install, I uninstall all the HID and I reboot
    it doesn't display the add/remove hardware popup...
    any idea ?
    (by the way, this board is fantastic)

I just installed Bozo's driver and I lose sketchbook pressure but photoshop (and the rest) have pressure.

5. Voudini

Voudini Pen Pal - Newbie

I just picked up the TM2 today. Initially I had the Pressure Sensitivity issue, however, after tinkering around for a few minutes, I found that when I disabled the "touch" portion of the screen input, and only allowed pen input, the sensitivity started to work.

I read somewhere that with a multitouch input, the drivers tend to get confused when running simultaneously. I don't mind, as I prefer pen input anyhow, although a couple of the gestures would be nice "flicking" and "pinch / expand".

Anyhow, I hope this helps. So far, works like a charm.

6. drfantome

drfantome Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same issue I tried everything said in this post and nothing worked :( i'm about to return it to the store... do someone have other technique of making it work?

7. drfantome

drfantome Pen Pal - Newbie

ok!
    I got it to work and this is really really really weird.
    This is what I do.
    I install the wacom driver from the official hp driver and restart the computer.
    I don't work
    After I install the driver from the wacom website and don't restart the computer and it work!

Now the weird thing is if I restart the computer I have to reinstall those two driver in this sequence to make it work again.
    WEIRD.
    Pardon my poor langage i'm a french speaking canadian.

8. TwistedPictures

TwistedPictures Pen Pal - Newbie

As an ignorant fool I jumped right into buying the TM2 1070 ca tablet PC without reading up on it. Everything about this computer is excellent except the fact that I am unable to get Autodesk Sketchbook pro 32 bit and Adobe Photoshop CS4 extended 64 bit programs to recognize pen pressure sensitivity at the same time. I am able to follow this forum a bit, but sadly following what I have read which is not the whole forum every solution with drivers has only made one program or the other program recognize pen pressure
    I am running Windows 7 64 bit on the computer as well
    I’m in desperate need of help because I need this for drawing in school
    Thank-you for your time and help

9. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Is the WTKernelBypass registry hack not working?

I can't speak specifically for the tm2, seeing as the additional touch layer and support in the drivers can complicate things, but I do recall having similar problems with SketchBook Pro and the Tablet PC Services under Win7 on pen-only Tablet PCs 'til I made this registry edit. Everything works fine after that.

10. TwistedPictures

TwistedPictures Pen Pal - Newbie

Sadly the WTKernelBypass registry hack is not working. I've attempted a few times and finished reboot, and there's no change. at the moment I can only get pen pressure in sketchbook pro and not photoshop. I've contacted both companies trying to figure out why it's not working but both companies lead to me only being able to use their own program and not both

Thanks for the advice though namelessplayer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.