tm2 & Pressure Sensitivity

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by doc Holliday, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

going to get a tm2 user on it for you b/c i'm not sure why what works for some tm2 users is not working for others.

2. jesterminute

jesterminute Pen Pal - Newbie

Much appreciated, luckily watching an angry man from Somerset kill demons at the cinema has mollified me somewhat but to be honest if i can't get it working as it should be then i'm just going to have to send it back...

...and replace it with a pen and paper. :)

I've emailed Wacom on the off chance but as it's the weekend i doubt anyone'll get back to me for a while. If any of you guys have any inspiration i'll gladly take it.

Edit: Random brief moment of success and then failure again.
    Uninstalled all instances of 'USB input device' (which made all other drivers in that section disappear).
    Installed the Wacom drivers, 'started' the other tablet program in services.
    Right click (yep), sensitivity (yep), tracking when rotating (yep), Windows input stuff (yep).

restarted the machine...sensitivity no...etc etc.

any clues?

Anthony

3. DRTigerlilly

4. pauLegend

pauLegend Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, I had your similar experience also. I tried to install the Official wacom stuff alone but if wouldn't let me use the button like you said. BTW (Used the Driver that was older, from 2008 on wacoms website, don't know if ther newer one would work. probably.) (STEP 1) So what I did was have those Official Wacom .exes install so that the drivers will be in your system are in your system. Restarted (STEP 2) Then after I restarted, I went and installed the Wacom .exe from the SWSETUP folder to get the pen buttons back (Also the pen properties settings). Restarted. (STEP 3) I then went to the Device Manager and looked for the driver that was installed by the Official Wacom .exes and restarted. So far this was the only solution that gave me everything I needed, pressure in sketchbook and button access. Hope this works for you!
    -PauLegend

http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. jesterminute

Did you disable the Tablet functions in 'services' at any point during this process?

will try now without then again with.

Ant

Edit: and just for clarity can you talk me through Step 3 - do you mean you went to device manager, looked for the extracted files from the Official Wacom.exes (the ones you've both just linked to) and updated one of the drivers? - if so can you tell me which directory for the extraction and specifically which driver in device manager? (just want to make sure i'm replicating your process as exactly as possible).

further edit: no joy so far. i think i need a bit of clarification on step 3 and whether i'm disabling the touch stuff under services if possible. Kinda get the principle - get the up to date drivers working for calibration and right click and the older drivers for pressure sensitivity, but i appear to be only able to replace existing drivers and not add to the pot. Will continue to persevere but any additional input appreciated :)

thanks for your patience

6. pauLegend

pauLegend Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, well for step 3 I went to the device manager and double clcked on the wacom Virtual HID and then clicked update driver. Then I chose "Let me choose..." and if your extra drivers installed then you should be able to see the list of them, I differenciated by the different dates of the drivers. Select the older one (comes from the link I posted) then that it. click ok then restart.
    I looked the driver installed on my comp and the details say that it is located in windows/System32/drivers/wacomvhid.sys version 2.8.00 dated from 2/14/2007. You could try that like you said by locating it. Otherwise I don't know what to tell ya. I did it through the list. There is a way but we will probably have to wait or use different drivers.

7. jesterminute

well - progress!

Uninstalled USB input device x2 and any wacom stuff i'd previously installed
    (restart)
    Installed the 'old' Wacom drivers (non swsetup ones)
    (restart)
    Installed the HP Wacom drivers (the swsetup ones)
    (restart)
    Unrar'd the 'old' Wacom driver .exe
    Went to device driver and 'upgraded' the Wacom Virtual HID to the 'old' driver (2.8.00)
    (restart)
    left me with the newer software and the older Virtual HID drivers which give proper pressure sensitivity
    (i'm pretty sure i did all this with Tablet PC Input in Services disabled)

however...

pressure sensitivity is 'okay' but not as smooth as the default MS sensitivity
    touch calibration when rotated is waaay off and i can't recalibrate (pen is fine, just finger touch) which is a pity.
    Right click is also there as is the MS tools.

the key to sensitivity (try saying that to your other half) seems to be the Virtual HID drivers as i've swapped them out with some other Wacom drivers (for the Bamboo i think) and that effected it differently (definitely not as good as the 'old'/2.8.00 ones but 'some' sensitivity).

so 88% success very much thanks to you guys (and hopefully the route above will help anyone else in the same situation)

I'm running 2.8.00 for now but obviously the hope is that Wacom/HP will sort themselves out and provide a 100% working solution.

Obviously any solution to the touch calibration would be much appreciated (I will sacrifice a Hello Kitty in your honour) but i think we're almost there - let the board know if the above route did or didn't work on your tablet as it'd be interesting to know why/if we're getting inconsistencies in them.

All my best (and again thanks muchly)

Anthony

Edit:
    Okay, spoke a bit too soon - pressure sensitivity yes - however calibration when rotating etc is definately erratic with both pen and touch.

8. DRTigerlilly

have you actually done re calibration ? In all 4 orientations?

For Pen (Taken From)
    Quote:
    If calibration is an issue for your stylus you must calibrate after temporarily turning off touch input – Go to the Device Manager [control panel (classic view)-system-hardware tab – Device Manager]. Go to the "human interface devices"...scroll to "touch panel driver". Right-click on it and select "Disable" in the context menu. Don’t close out the Device Manager...you'll come back to it in a second.

Calibrate your stylus.

Go back to the Device Manager window, right-click on "touch panel driver" again and enable. Close everything.
    For Touch
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by user dant on GottabeMobile
    open the Run line (Windows key + R) and type "Tabcal novalidate" and hit enter.
    This will run the calibration tool with validation turned off and should allow you to calibrate.

9. HighDecepticon

HighDecepticon Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm a bit confused at this entire thread.
    Is my TM2 supposed to have pressure sensitivity to begin with?
    Is this applicable to only someone who's pressure sensitivity is not working?
    How can I test that it's even there to begin with?

10. DRTigerlilly

@highdeception Normally tablet pc's do not ship with a driver that does pressure sensitivity. You would normally install the the enhanced driver from Wacom to get pressure sensitivity.

It would be best to test it in a program like Photoshop or Artrage, and determine if different pressure on the pen physically, is evident on the screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.