tm2 & Pressure Sensitivity

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by doc Holliday, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pauLegend

pauLegend Pen Pal - Newbie

wow ur fast!
    Sorry to sound like a newb but how would i do that? there is no self installer in the folder am i correct and also from the problem ihad earlier? could u kindly walk me through it? i would really much appreciate it! ;)

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

sure use Device Manager, under human interface devices, right click on usb input device, go to update device software, browse my computer for device software, let me pick from a list of device drivers on this computer and then choose have disk and point it to the folder w/ Bozo's driver.

\Wacom\Wacom\System32\Drivers for 32 bit or \Wacom\Wacom\System32\64\Drivers for 64 bit.

3. pauLegend

which do I choose? Wacom HID or Wacom Virtual HID?:confused:

4. DRTigerlilly

just point it to the wacomvhid.inf file and let it install.

5. pauLegend

That what I did to one of the USB INPUT DEVICE and I am presented with this. http://www.flickr.com/photos/62689021@N00/4363884226/. The odd thing is that when I do install the VHID one the touch input stops working. BTW I Have 2 USB Inputs as seen in the pics! I really wanna thank u for taking da time, this is making me go bonkers! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. DRTigerlilly

Yes but You don't have to select one or the other just hit next. You see two files in the driver folder? Outside of the wacomvhid.inf?

7. DRTigerlilly

Outside of That there is a setup.exe in the initial wacom folder

8. pauLegend

Thanks. So I just ended up installing the install file in the initial wacom folder. I now have the Wacom VHID driver back in the device manager. So is that it? I tried to draw with sketchbook pro and I kind of still get the same result as before. Also I use to have the regular Wacom HID driver in the Device Manager along side the virtual one, but now its gone. Is it important? THank you!!

9. jesterminute

jesterminute Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay. Re-editing the entire post having messed with it some more and not wanting to bore you to death.

Followed the process as suggested and with messing about got either one of these results

No pressure sensitivity
    or
    pressure sensitivity but when screen is differently orientated tracking is all messed up/reversed (and calibration prog won't work)

my most recent restart and mess aroundi have discovered that i have pressure sensitivity, the calibration program works and tracking is better*...however this is only when Tablet Pc input service is 'disabled'. The second i switch it on i lose all pressure sensitivity again.

*in a rotated mode, the cursor tracks as it should - however in autodesk in any vertical rotation when i put pen to pad i see the cursor right under my nib (as if perfectly calibrated), but the actual 'ink' appears on the page about 3-4 inches in a different direction. Horizontal modes it tracks perfectly.

ideas?

(great forum btw and awesome tablet pc - once i can get it to work properly)

10. jesterminute

jesterminute Pen Pal - Newbie

[update after many hours]

Now have pen sensitivity. Have Tablet Input. No longer have right click in Sketchbook (and can only click and hold in other apps) and in rotated tablet view don't have correct tracking (it's either off or a mirror image) - can't calibrate either (will only let me calibrate touch).

Great computer over all but after about 8 hours i'm kinda disappointed that someone in MS/HP/Wacom couldn't have sorted this out of the box.

Ever hopeful that someone will have a trick up their sleeve (have re-installed and recovered Windows 3 times now)

going to take a break and watch a Cornish bloke battle deamons or something.

Anthony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.