tm2 & Pressure Sensitivity

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by doc Holliday, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doc Holliday

doc Holliday Pen Pal - Newbie

I got my tablet a few days and I'm loving it so far but i have some issues.

I can't seem to get the wacom drivers running correctly. I tried installing the drivers Bozo put up in the sticky thread, but nothing. Either Alias Sketchbook pro has pressure sensitivity or Photoshop/Sai does. It's one or the other.

Also it seems like I have the same problem Lisa from Mobiletechreview had, no wacom drivers in the retail version of the tm2.

BTW this board kicks ass! :D

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. doc Holliday

doc Holliday Pen Pal - Newbie

After a windows 7 reinstall, which i was going to do anyway, i was able to install the wacom drivers. The trick was to make sure to turn off the Tablet PC service before attempting to install the drivers. Just uninstalling the existing drivers didn't work.

Without the HP bloat ware this thing runs almost as smooth as my cintiq using Sketchbook pro/Painter tool sai.

- Thx for the help Drttiger

4. cgblues

cgblues Pen Pal - Newbie

I've installed Photoshop CS4 and got the dreaded exclamation mark for the pen pressure. I unistalled it and reinstalled my old CS2. Same thing. Photoshop isn't recognizing my TM2 as a tablet. Any idea what the problem could be seeing others have gotten the tablet to recognize theirs?

Thanks
    Daryl

5. DRTigerlilly

@cgblues you tried installing the wacom driver as above? Bozo's driver is found here

6. cgblues

cgblues Pen Pal - Newbie

I spoke to HP tech support in Canada and they don't seem to know anything about wacom drivers or Photoshop or painter 11. She did say that this is a 64 bit system and it probably doesn't recognize 32 bit drivers????? I explained the CS4 was as 64 bit program (actually installs 32 bit as well).

Do I have to remove any drivers, I'f so which ones. If this screws up how do you get the old drivers back. As you can see I'm very green at this, and it seems a bit beyond me.

Thanks
    Daryl

7. DRTigerlilly

ok.
    Here are the drivers you're going to need.

The HP drivers which should be in your SWSETUP folder under a folder called Wacom. If not it's here

The wacom drivers

You're going to go to device manager & under Human Interface Devices and uninstall any wacom references.

Then you're going to type Services in the start menu and then look for Tablet Service, highlight it and stop the service (top right).

Then install the wacom drivers.

then go back to services and restart the tablet service.

8. cgblues

cgblues Pen Pal - Newbie

I did a search for the folder swsetup and I can't find such a folder. There is no mention of wacom in Human interface devices.

Youve given me 2 downloads so I install both after disabling the tablet service. ?

9. cgblues

cgblues Pen Pal - Newbie

so I took a gambel and shut down tablet service installed the 2 sets of drivers. No change, nothing changed in human devices and photshop still doesn't recognize this thing as a tablet.
    disabled flicks - no change. Frustrating

10. DRTigerlilly

it's strange, is your model a retail or cto tm2? You're experiencing the same thing as Lisa from Mobile Tech Review. Just bozo's drivers should give you pressure sensitivity then.

can you post a print screen of your HID under device manager?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.