tm2 Ordering and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by leward, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meatlocker

Meatlocker Software Development Pro

It's funny you should say that...in looking back through the reports of holdups once it hits the stateside hub, if you are unlucky enough to have it go through Alaska, that is where you are most likely to see a delay. Memphis doesn't appear to have nearly as many reports of delays.

2. NUHP1

NUHP1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I got mine with the su9600 and 6gb ram and external optical dvd(blueray not available).

This isn't my first tablet but I've been waiting for something like this for +12 yrs. I had an the Sony Viao desktop tablet and the 14" Gateway m275x these relics where probably obsolete the second I bought them.

3. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The tm2 is not your father's Tablet PC! I'm hooked on this thing and the more I use it the more I like it which is unusual for me and any other consumer TPC I've owned.

You bought up something I've been thinking about as well, an external BD drive. You can order them now from HP when you buy the tm2 which I would have done had the option been available when I bought mine. I need to figure out a way to order one. If you ever do please let me know!

4. thirdeye

thirdeye Pen Pal - Newbie

LOL...
    so I fell asleep while waiting for the FedEx delivery and woke up just minutes after they left. I had to have it, so I was able to pick it up from the local FedEx center. So far, I couldn't be happier! Only strange thing is, my screen keeps flashing and Windows says the color scheme has changed due to whatever reason? Also, the touchpad is a bit finicky and I can't find where to go to enable gestures (like scrolling).

Anyhow, check out the battery life on my TM2 :eek: :D
    [​IMG]

5. derfnoslen

derfnoslen Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow is right! That's insane battery life. Is battery bar correct? Glad you like the machine, everyone's should be in there area now. Mine just arrived in Pittsburgh. Enjoy!

6. jkenny23

jkenny23 Scribbler - Standard Member

BatteryBar extrapolates an estimated lifetime from the current discharge rate. So probably not. I've got BatteryBar installed and it reports a 3:24 lifetime, though the few times I've had it on battery it was running full brightness and ATi graphics.

7. thirdeye

thirdeye Pen Pal - Newbie

haha
    that would be awesome. but yeah, I think it's just trying to sort everything out... I printed that screen immediately after installing Battery Bar.

8. SwissGear

SwissGear Pen Pal - Newbie

I decided to join the club! Ordered a fully featured tm2 yesterday. The estimated built date is March 15th. Then a few days more until I receive it through the standard shipping option.

9. derfnoslen

derfnoslen Pen Pal - Newbie

They couldn't find my address so its at the FedEx facility. I'm going to grab it after work. Becky and gessner did yours arrive yet?

10. gessner17

gessner17 Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine says it's still at the local sort facility, not sure if it made it on a truck or not, may be another day :(