tm2 Live Q & A Starting 7 PM EST 02/08/2010

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by heatlesssun, Feb 8, 2010.

1. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

When I get my tm2 in this evening I'll be available to answer questions through the wee hours in real time. I'm not an artist and don't have any professional art tools so I won't be much good there but I should be able to help with most else.

First thing I'll be doing is setting up my Verizon 3G and installing Office 2010 beta and testing OneNote and seeing how the slant affects portrait mode and taking pictures.

These are my specs:

HP TouchSmart tm2t customizable Notebook PC
    • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    • Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Duo SU9600 (1.60GHz, 800MHz FSB) w/512MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4550 Graphics
    • 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    • 250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
    • 12.1" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP LED Widescreen (1280x800) with Integrated Touch-screen
    • External Tray LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD+/-RW w/Double Layer
    • Webcam + Fingerprint Reader - For HP Mobile Broadband only (WWAN)
    • Intel Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth
    • HP Mobile Broadband (Choose either Verizon Wireless, AT&T, or Sprint, service activation required)

Until tonight....

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

You could probably host a chat on Chatzy and we could post the transcript in this thread after. Thoughts? Or I could set it up if you like?

3. heatlesssun

Thanks for the suggestions! I just took a quick look at Chatzy, that looks really simply and straight forward. I've never used it before so if there's anything you have to pass along like gotchas or what not please like me know but I think I swing setting up.

Thanks again!

4. Synergi

Synergi Scribbler - Standard Member

What a great idea. You spec is nearly the same as mine minus the broadband options, and I canceled to get the free hard drive upgrade. If laptops had the same pricing plan as Apple managed to get for the iPad, I would have been all over that one too hehe.

Did you also own the Tx2? I'd really like to hear a comparison between the two. I owned the TX2 for about 4 days. I just hated nearly everything about it. Heavy, fat, hot, noisey, terrible battery. The TX2 had great handwriting recognition once you trained it. It could read my crappiest chicken scratch.

Look forward to hearing what you think tonight.:)

5. heatlesssun

Just got my tm2 and what a beautiful machine! Trying to get things setup for the Q&A but the build quality of this machine is OUTSTANDING!

So far the only thing I'm seeing is that issue with touch not wanting to wake. It's not consistent but it seems to happen frequently and little annoying.

6. Synergi

Nice! So how is the dreaded hump?

7. heatlesssun

Not that bad as Lisa at MobileTechReview said. The issue is that damn touch sleep. That's getting old already. Running a little late on the what but will be ready to go in the next hour.

8. Synergi

Since its a issue be sure to call hp on it. Mine is still in production urgh!