tm2 Coupon Thread

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by r3fr4cti0n, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r3fr4cti0n

r3fr4cti0n Pen Pal - Newbie

So i thought that since i know there is a bunch of us looking to get the Hp Tm2, we could post the best prices and coupons found and try to save each other some CHEDDA so i will go first.

go here and Print out the rebate by clicking "Get rebate" (save $50)
    \/
    http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?ed..._mmc=CSE-_-Shopping.com-_-ecostdeal-_-Systems

Best price i have found so far (with 320 hd and 4gigs of ram fingerprint reader $145 extra at hp.com) $956.28

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/HP_TouchSmart_tm2_1070us/WA808UAABA/11031450/froogle/

minus that mail-in rebate it drops it to 906.28 total savings on that system is $195

LOL but i do hope someone can beat that, how i love to save money!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. MaDequipment

MaDequipment Pen Pal - Newbie

Kinda cheated a little with the use of the employee purchase program. The specs aren't quite what you have, yet it is still cheaper.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. jkenny23

jkenny23 Scribbler - Standard Member

Same price if you're a student (you can sign up here: https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_app.do)

Reason I stuck with HP is to be able to customize it, if my assumptions are correct, the only version you'll be able to get outside of HP is the SU7300/GMA 4500/320gb version.

4. MaDequipment

TM2 looks awesome, but I still have a 2730p. Perhaps the 2750p will be in the works and compelling enough in several years for med school. Doesn't look like there would be an easy way to sell the 2730p for a good price though and get that instant gratification of having ATI graphics, capacitive screen, and tablet functionality. So I'll be stuck with a T61p and a 2730p combo for quite a while.

5. r3fr4cti0n

r3fr4cti0n Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the $75 HD 4550 Graphics upgrade really worth it? whats the diff in user experience?

edit:
    ya i see what you mean, my tx2 that i just sold had ati graphix and it was still a bit choppy sometimes, deff not worth it to not get one at all. and if i use that student discount its only $35 more than the costcentral.com one, but no mail-in refund. i think Re-funds are a bit of a lottery anyways.

6. MaDequipment

I do not know if the grahpics are switchable, but if they aren't, then battery life will inherently be affected. However, from the 3DMark06 score I saw on the other forum, the ATI graphics will make a big difference in terms of enhancing the ability to play games. Just for comparison, the ATI graphics on the TM2 rival that of the Nvidia Quadro FX570M card on my Thinkpad T61p workstation. As for HD video, the Intel integrated graphics will more than suffice.

7. jkenny23

jkenny23 Scribbler - Standard Member

Personally, I'd like to be able to play games on my laptop, so there's no contest between the Radeon 4550 and Intel Integrated graphics, very much worth the extra $75 to me.

The graphics are definitely switchable, when you unplug it it automatically switches to integrated (or you can continue using the Ati graphics if you choose), so battery life should be the same.

8. ryanmc

ryanmc Pen Pal - Newbie

I found it at Walmart for $948.00 and if the 20% BCB works, it would make the price $758.4 +tax

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. SleepyHead

SleepyHead Pen Pal - Newbie

what is this 300 dollar coupon people speak of?! All I see is instant discount of 200 + 100 dollar coupon from logicbuy which brings a 1500 dollar build to 1200... I'm lost!

10. Synergi

Synergi Scribbler - Standard Member

NBLB654877

300 off for 1800 uses. Good on a build of 1499+.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.