"TM2 Control V2" - Wishlist

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Kornelis, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kornelis

Kornelis TM2 Controler ;)

Hi all,

I'm going to start the Redesign of TM2 within a view days (already have some ideads in my head), but as i remeber there where some great ideas within the TM2 Control Topic. As i don't want to read all 22 Pages again you have now the chance to post some wishes and improvements you'd like to see, as they are mostly more easy to implement if they are known by design time ;)

I can not promise to implement every request but i will do the best i can to make another great piece of software out of it :D

So feel free to make realistic suggestions :p

Greetings

Kornelis

2. rabilancia

rabilancia Pen Pal - Newbie

Kornelis,

First of all, thank you for a great and very convenient utility. I use it all the time!

Funny you should ask as just the other day I added a link on my desktop to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display" This is the place to "Make it easier to read what's on your screen" (100% or 125%). I use 100% for pen input and 125% for finger touch.

Using my link takes more "clicks" than if it were included directly in TM2 Control.

Once again, Thank you!
    Rich

3. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Perfect timing!
    I have gotten rid of my Tm2, but when I got my 2730p I still used the Tm2 Control program you created. but because of different hardware, some of the buttons do not work (like the switchable graphics one).

So I was wondering if you could make another version that would have a user "programmable" button in place of the Switch GPU button (something simple that asks you which file/ command to run when the button is pressed; it would ask you to locate the file), this would be very useful for people that have a different computer other than the Tm2 with Switchable graphics (including those with the Tm2 that have Intel only graphics).

An issue that I noticed was that if I tap the "light Bulb" button with the pen, then the screen will flash on and off constantly (I am pretty sure this was an issue I saw when on the Tm2 as well), but If I use my mouse/ touchpad it will work fine.
    Also (I think this is an issue with the Tm2 as well), but when I use a USB speaker, the volume control does not control the volume of that device (unless I restart the Tm2 Control program while the USB speaker is plugged in). I am using the Altec Lansing Orbit USB speaker, for reference

Even if you don't get around to re-doing the program like that; I have to thank you again for creating this super useful program :)

4. Zimoich

Zimoich Pen Pal - Newbie

You should really sell this to HP.
    This program should come as standard on every Tm2 (and HP laptops as well) =D

Dunno if its fixed or not possible but screen orientation while connected to a projector. Didn´t work when I tried a few times (intel). Using it for powerpoint, brainstorming ideas/designs in a group on a big screen etc.

The printscreen button seems to randomly work and sometimes not. That is, it doesn´t hide the tm2 control panel after the click, it just leaves a white blank there. (Perhaps a little longer delay when it hides the panel, before it makes the sceen capture or something)

Nothing else comes to mind right now. I´m very grateful for the program and you efforts. It´s also the second question when I see someone new with a tm2.
    -Do you got the TM2 Control program?

5. Kornelis

Great Idea, i'll take a look at it :)

This will be a core feature of the new TM2 Control (i'm also plannig to rename it as it works for other Tablets as well, so the Name should not be related to a product).

Known issue, the Problem is, you can't move away the Pen without "moving the mouse", and if you move the mouse the screen comes back from turned off mode. Currently i have no idea how to solve that issue. Sorry... :(

I'll take a look at it, fortunetly i can connect my Bluetooth speaker via USB :D

Thank you :D

Would be great but i think they are not intressted or could do even better as they know ther API for example for the WIFI controler.

Yeah i've noticed this as well :(
    I hope there is a way to get around this.

Put i on the List ;)

If the Answer is yes, your third question should be: "Have you donated already?" :p

But good to hear you like this software :D

6. crabnebula

crabnebula Pen Pal - Newbie

This is somewhat beyond the current focus of your software and requires accessing the accelerometer, but what I would like is a means to auto-rotate the screen based on physical orientation when pressing the rotate button.

I have a Toshiba M200 Tablet PC from 2005 and it does this.

A numerical readout of volume and brightness levels would be nice.

I would also like an option to have the program minimize or close automatically after pressing a button or when it loses focus.

Lastly, if the controls could be shown as a semi-translucent overlay on top of the screen it would be cool (no visible window or borders).

Thanks!

7. Kornelis

could you make this point a bit clearer? I don't understand exactly what your meaning. :confused:

8. Zimoich

Zimoich Pen Pal - Newbie

I second this option.
    A little readout beside or a graded meter along the brighntess bar would be great.

9. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Possible to make it look like a native Windows app?

10. Kornelis

What do you mean by native windows app?