TM2 availability outside of the US

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by davidab, Feb 7, 2010.

1. davidab

davidab Pen Pal - Newbie

As the TM2 thread has been split, I thought I'd start one for anyone outside the US.

HP UK now finally show the TM2 1010ea with a price(£800 inc VAT) on their website.

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
    Intel Pentium Processor SU4100 1.3 GHz
    4 GB DDR3 (2 x 2048 MB)
    320 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm
    ATI Radeon HD 4550 Graphics
    External DVD

As yet they don't offer any customisation. I don't think they sell it direct yet - they say "Call 0845 270 4142 to discuss options. Currently may not be available direct from HP"

This model has been shown for a while on some other web sites:
    - Play.com have the same model at GBP 749.99, available 21 Feb.
    - Amazon quote GBP 799.99, but no availability shown
    - Laptops direct quote GBP 808.97, but have the specs of the TX2.
    DABS.Com and Insight don't have it

Has anyone seen a version with the SU9600 available in the UK? Or the 'standard' version any cheaper?

Also wondering if any countries other than the US offer customisation?

2. E1000

E1000 Scribbler - Standard Member

None of the pre configured versions have the SU9600. If you go to HP's website (UK) then type in hp tm2 in the search it brings up a list of all the pre-configured models none of which contain the SU9600. I wouldn't worry TBH the upgrade is not worth the price and you'll be lucky if you can actually tell the difference (performance wise the increase will be less than 10% improvement). As with cameras and mega-pixels the clock speed doesn't make a huge difference in the CULV architecture once past 1.3GHz. If you can run a game on one then you can run it on the other, despite what intel will have you believe. If you really do need the power consider overclocking. At the moment the best way to improve the speed is to put an SSD in there. Do that and you'll think you have an i7.

3. jkenny23

jkenny23 Scribbler - Standard Member

New Thread button right above "Threads in Forum"

The downside some people might have with the SU4100 is that, although it is almost identical to the SU7300/9600, it doesn't support virtualization, so you can't run XP mode (if you upgrade to Pro/Ultimate) or run a virtual machine inside Windows.
    Seems pretty odd to me, since even the lower specced SU2300 has virtualization. Still, it seems an insult to spec the system so well in all other respects but throw in a cheaper processor.

4. Pütz

Pütz Pen Pal - Newbie

As Zimoich mentioned in the other Thread: The tm2-1090eg is available at HP Germany for ~852€ as a normal customer and for 811,07€ as a student ( each after rebates). While it seems that you dont have to proof that you are a student (,teacher or professor) you can´t order at HP Germany if you live in another country.

In Austria there are several shops offering the tm2 for 842€.
    (see price search enginge www.geizhals.at )

5. simi

simi Pen Pal - Newbie

The "normal" price in the student store is €861.15 minus €25 rebate = €836.15 and not €811. Otherwise the 25€ coupon would have been doublecounted.

6. Pütz

Pütz Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess you are in the "wrong" student store. At least I made that mistake first. If you go to the student store via "allmaxx" or another student rebate organization you will get a higher price.

You will have to visit the student store directly or use this link:

http://h41306.www4.hp.com/artikel?SID=11970e9ecfe8cae83209303cc2cb75a1b09:1705&sku=VY576EA#ABD

there you got the 836,07€, once in your shopping basket you can apply the 25€ coupon, as Zimoich mentioned.

7. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for that link Pütz. One thing about it worries me though: I checked the "Geschäftsbedingungen" and it says:

Da die hier vertriebenen Produkte nur zur Nutzung für die gewerbliche oder selbständige berufliche Tätigkeit verkauft werden, steht Ihnen kein Widerrufsrecht für Verbraucher zu. Soweit wir aus Kulanzgründen einer Rücksendung von Produkten zustimmen, so sind diese im Originalzustand in ihrer Originalverpackung zurückzusenden, zusammen mit einem Rücksendenachweis sowie dem Kaufbeleg. Rücksendekosten werden in diesem Falle von Ihnen getragen.

In other words, contrary to stuff I buy as a "normal" customer, I cannot return it within 2 weeks if I don't like it after all?

Secondly it says:

Sollte ein Produkt im Zeitpunkt des Gefahrübergangs nicht die vereinbarte Beschaffenheit haben, sind wir nach unserer Wahl zur Mangelbeseitigung oder Ersatzlieferung berechtigt. Ausgetauschte Teile gehen entschädigungslos in unser Eigentum über. Soweit Mangelbeseitigung oder Ersatzlieferung fehlschlagen, sind Sie berechtigt, Herabsetzung des Kaufpreises (Minderung) zu verlangen oder, sofern nicht nur ein unerheblicher Mangel vorliegt, vom Vertrag zurückzutreten. Für Schadensersatz-/Aufwendungsersatzansprüche gilt Ziffer 11 "Haftung" entsprechend. Außer im Falle des arglistigen Verschweigens des Mangels, verjähren Ihre Mängelansprüche in zwölf Monaten ab Ablieferung. Die gesetzliche Verjährung Ihrer gesetzlichen Rückgriffsansprüche im Falle eines Weiterverkaufs an Verbraucher im Rahmen Ihres Geschäftsbetriebs bleibt hiervon unberührt. Ihre Mangelansprüche entfallen, sofern ein etwaiger Mangel darauf beruht, dass Sie oder ein Dritter ohne unsere Zustimmung Produkte verändern, unsachgemäß benutzt oder repariert oder nicht den HP-Richtlinien gemäß installiert, betrieben und gepflegt haben. Sie sind verpflichtet Mängel uns gegenüber unverzüglich schriftlich zu rügen. Erfolgt eine Mängelrüge zu Unrecht, sind wir berechtigt, von Ihnen Ersatz für die uns entstandenen Aufwendungen zu verlangen.

Does this mean I would have only 1 year warranty instead of the normal 2 years I'd have as normal "end user" in Germany?

If that is the case, I'd rather fork out the price for the normal one. But surely it can't be the case that all students are treated as - in essence - "businessmen"? I tried to find the "Geschäftsbedingungen" in the Privatanwender and Geschäftskunden Stores, but there is no such convenient link as in the Student Store, so I haven't been able to compare the conditions...

Where did you find the 852€ price for normal customers? Would be great if you could post that link too, I've only been able to find one for 899 on the HP Store.

8. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

Ah, at least it seems the 2-year warranty is the same in all stores (Germany), in the product details it says: "2 Jahre Abhol- und Lieferservice. Die Herstellergarantie erstreckt sich auf Ersatzteile und Arbeitszeit"

Was worried for a moment there...seems that only the customary "14-days no questions asked"-return is not possible if you order via the student store. Wish it was in the shops here yet, so I could go take a look at it before ordering...

9. Zimoich

Zimoich Pen Pal - Newbie

This is another problemwith not understanding german too well. Thanks for the heads up. For those living in germany, could someone send a mail to HP/deutschland and ask about it, couldn´t find any real adresses on their site, just feedback reports. =(

For the ~850€ offer there is two different ways.

First one: Directly from HP/deutschland
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/de/d...13-4078805-4107118.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_DEDE

Go to the normal store and put the TM2 your shopping basket 899€, then go to any laptop accessories and add to the same basket one accessory. (I made a quick search and found that a mouse for 12.90€ or a 12" bag for the tx2 for 19€ was the cheapest options).
    Then use one of the following codes, preferbly HPDEWA09B60.

-40 € HPDEWA09A40 659 € bis 799 €
    -60 € HPDEWA09B60 800 bis 1099 €
    -80 € HPDEWA09C80 ab 1100 €

And voila 899 + 12.90 = 911.90€ - 60€ = 851.90€ (I assume this code won´t forfeit your warranty)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second way is to order from a HP preferred partner in Germany/austria.
    I sent a mail to one and asked about their warrant and the pay methods.
    this is the answer I received:

850€

more stores at this adress; www.geizhals.at

10. micstar

micstar Pen Pal - Newbie

I personally doubt that you can exclude the 14 days trial period.
    It´s a law that ensures this - I don´t see a point in creating special rules that exclude this right...

My thoughts as a non-lawyer...

Waiting for mine to be delivered - maybe tomorrow?!`

CU

Michael