Time to build a "New Users Guide" for the S7S

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by e-schreiber, May 20, 2012.

1. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Agent 9 believes (and I guess you all will agree) that's time for the S7S to gain its New Users Guide and he asked me to get the ball rolling. So I went through all the pages in the Samsung forum, then I did some googling and compiled a list of threads and sites that seemed particularly interesting to me. The objective here is to build a thread that looks like these:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hp-touchsmart-tm2-wacom/32429-hp-tm2-new-user-guide.html
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep121-slate/38834-ep121-new-users-guide.html

So I invite the community (and especially the S7S owners) to compile their own list of interesting threads, posts, sites and tips. One of the mods (possibly Agent9 himself) will parse our lists and build the New Users Guide from it, then he'll make a stick for it. As any other crowd-sourcing project, the quality of the final product depends heavily on the level of input of the participants. Ideally, our submissions should be in a ready-to-use format (ie, providing some description), but all submissions will be welcome! Here's my input for now:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Br0nxj0e

Br0nxj0e Pen Pal - Newbie

I am one such person who would definitely make use of this thread. I recently purchased my S7S and have been through most of the threads with regard to the wacom driver issues and can't seem to find a definitive fix. I have asked several members whom have fully functional pressure sensitivity in their apps and have been awaiting a response, but definitely that kind of solution is must have information for any new owner/artist. I'll post whatever information I get if successful, but if anyone else knows a working fix please post it! Us new owners would be eternally grateful!

3. earwolf

earwolf Pen Pal - Newbie

Great idea and early work. I'm a new owner (UK, John Lewis, screen lift from day 1 but waiting to see how bad it gets under my 2 yr guarantee) that is holding out for the RC of Windows 8 (June?)

That will be a fine time for a soup-to-nuts walkthrough for all new users - especially the art fiends who don't like to spend forever tracking through massive threads and fiddling endlessly with settings. From completely wiping the SSD, to a clean, pain-free install from a usb stick through to essential w8 system settings to keep everything lean, clean, safe and updated - but most of all OPTIMISED TO THE NTH DEGREE FOR LAGLESS INKING AT ALL TIMES :)

We need a distilled FAQ that includes the essential Wacom info that applies to ALL tablet PCs, as well as the specific w8 slate 7 driver info - it seems that is the pain area right now, especially the 'disable touch as needed' and 'which pen drivers do I actually use?' issues.

4. e-schreiber

5. earwolf

earwolf Pen Pal - Newbie

checked it, voted, even though it's not 3g...

damn QC, John Lewis said they had never heard of this issue - Amazon UK too - meh...the shop model in JL was creaking and lifting like a muhhhh

6. e-schreiber

You have owned your S7S for at least 6 months, right? I'm assuming you have the original S7S... That's important in that poll.

7. earwolf

earwolf Pen Pal - Newbie

nope, two months - no option in that poll for new non 3g versions - why so?

8. e-schreiber

Hmmm... By "original" I meant all devices without 3G. :)

My rationale was that the units without 3G -- regardless of being old or new -- probably use the same hardware/design. My guess was that if Samsung were to change anything in the S7S, they would do it on the 3G models "by necessity" (in order to fit the 3G components). Well, your screen has already lifted and you'll be keeping your unit for 2 years, so, in your particular case, it probably makes no difference voting now or in 4 months as the vote would be inevitably the same.

The poll results suggest that very few people own the 3G model. I thought people would voraciously rush to it when it came out.

9. e-schreiber

Guide updated. Now each link possesses a descriptive paragraph.

10. e-schreiber

New update. Added 4 new tips: