Thumbnail view for notes?

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by Matt3234, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Matt3234

Matt3234 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to quickly sift throughy my notes in some sort of thumbnail view. In many cases, I could instantly recognise the page I'm looking for visually, but not from the title or with search terms, so it would be a huge time-saver.

Does something like this exist? Maybe as a plugin/power tool? I've already had a look at Onenote canvas, but it's a prototype not fit for practical use (not for shared notebooks, makes a local copy of the notebook to display...).

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. IVeverm0re

IVeverm0re Pen Pal - Newbie

Same problem I had before. I settled on usin Journal instead of ON for this purpose. When I want to shift through notes, I just tell Journal to zoom out which will show all my notes in thumbnails.

I know that sounds a little crazy ... After all, ON is supposed to be a super Journal and has everything that Journal wish it does. But simplicity seems to be key. Journal is the best way I know of to have a notebook experience (along with all the benefits of digital ink). If your processor is powerful enough, you can use things like BlueBeam.

What I realized lacking in ON is at while it is great for note collection and reorganizing ... It does a very poor job of giving you comprehensive bird eye view of all my notes, so I constantly had to print my notes out to pdf's and view the in my iPad when I want to synthesize my notes together.

Hope others chime in as well. Good luck!