Thoughts on returning DV8P to wait for the Surface Mini

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Osteoman, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osteoman

Osteoman Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay, I am still within my return Window. Truthfully I like my Dell a lot and I use the pen some for mousing and might use OneNote a little but not extensively. Would there be any good reason to send my Dell back and wait for the Surface Mini? Would you? I have one dead pixel but honestly other then just knowing it's there it doesn't bother me .

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

It is really hard to say. We know very little about what the Surface Mini will be. I would not wait unless the strong possibility of it running RT appeals to you. What do you want from it?

3. bugelrex

bugelrex Scribbler - Standard Member

What were your thoughts on the Asus vivotab with wacom? I really think the clueless Microsoft execs are going to make it RT try and push to the masses (thinner, longer battery). Without full windows, I think its going to be a bust (companies cannot use legacy apps (dr's, lawyers etc), a student's dream (take notes in class, dock to monitor later for real desktop apps))

4. Osteoman

Osteoman Pen Pal - Newbie

I am a physician and I am actually using it for running an EMR on Windows 8.1. The EMR is browser based and I typically use Chrome. I sometimes use IE. RT wll not work for me and if the Sruface Mini is indeed RT, this won't work for me. I looked at the Asus and chose not to buy because the apparent build quality and reliability was better with the Dell. I want a good pen, but admittedly this is not critical. I have used the Sruface 2 Pro in trial for a short period of time and like it a lot. I like the fact that when I do get a Surface Pro 2 I would be able to use the same pen for both with the Mini. I know this isn't known for sure yet.

I also will likely play some simple or older games with it so this could make a difference in what I keep if there is a significant difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.