this web page is definitly DEAD!!

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by leaftye, May 2, 2009.

1. arian

arian Pen Pal - Newbie

Months visiting this web page's home without yesterday's updating rythm. it's enough for me. See you on internet. Good luck.

2. bline

bline Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm confused....whats he saying?

3. Duality169

Duality169 Pen Pal - Newbie

He is saying that the main page of the site is becoming stagnant and dying. While the forums are still pretty active I have to agree that as someone who used to come here for actual tablet pc news that purpose is no longer served. My bookmark takes me straight to the forums now.

4. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Its been this way for a long time now. With developers more interested in Notebooks, news just doesn't come out that often.

5. Duality169

Duality169 Pen Pal - Newbie

True enough, I don't mind the lack of updates on the homepage, like I said I just stick around for the forums which I have found to be frequently helpful.

6. arian

arian Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree that forums work fine and are really usefull, but homepage's tabletpc news was one of my principal visiting reasons. And let me remember you, forums aren't a webmaster's merit, is user's merit, then congratulations for us.

7. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The stagnant homepage has been true for a long time now. Dual is right that vendor focus is on netbooks and tablets seem at the back of the bus once again.

That said, it's no fault of the webmaster and I still find these forums one of the better places on the web to stay informed on things related to Tablet PC's.

8. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

There's a homepage? Who would have known - wow. I'll have to go check it out.:rolleyes:

I've only ever used the forums, the home page is just where I keep the link to the forums.

9. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

@ ScubaX lol

10. brvdboss

brvdboss Scribbler - Standard Member

I find it a little sad as well actually :-s

Furthermore, I think that the news on the front page should not only be restricted to new TabletPCs. The site claims to be targeted to UMPCs and related devices as well. I would have expected something about e-readers for example.

Or maybe some news on tablet related software, there have been relevant releases in the last few months. Maybe a preview on the automatic tablet configuration offered by the new Ubuntu release, or the tablet functionality offered in Windows 7 etc.

There's plenty of news out there, there's just nobody posting articles about it on the front page.

Some time ago I suggested a news submit button where readers (i.e. we) could submit relevant news, this makes it even more easy for the editors. (see my signature) But it seems almost nobody is interested in it. (or nobody reads the site suggestions forum).

The dead front page will result in dead forums as well I'm afraid. The regulars know about the forum, but new people may be put off by the lack of updates...