This pre-release version of windows 7 will expire in 2 days- Urgent Help needed please

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by fahadii, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fahadii

fahadii Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, so i just saw this message today and after searching about it on google i found out that from the 2nd March'10 my laptop will start re-starting after every 2 hours and finally i wont be able to switch it on at all from June. However, this applies to the RC(release candidate) version and even though i have a RTM version I am still getting this message.
    I have Windows 7 Ultimate(activated, obviously) and i dont understand why I am getting this notification. What should i do??????? :confused:
    Any help will be much appreciated..
    Thanks

2. willpower101

willpower101 Pen Pal - Newbie

3. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

Apologies, but the obvious has to be checked.

Are you sure you're running the release version and not RC?

Did you purchase your copy of Win 7 retail or from ebay or similar? It's possible you could have been duped.

4. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

My guess is that you upgraded the Win7 RC to Win7 Ultimate. I have done the same but I am not getting any warnings. Even so, you should not have been receiving the error. In any case, this may be as easy as editing an .ini file to change the version. You may need some help from Microsoft. Probably this may have happened when MS issued the new activation routines although those were voluntary installations. I would recommend that you call Microsoft (even if you did not buy Win7 from your computer manufacturer).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.