This forum has DIED, how do we fix it?

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by christian15213, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christian15213

christian15213 Scribbler - Standard Member

My god this is a ghost town. Where the hell is everybody? We need to fix this.

2. the_neoalchemist

the_neoalchemist Pen Pal - Newbie

i totaly agree,
    i mean its 2009 peple, the forum should brimming with antisipatin the ideas, predictions and stuff like that .

you know there should actually be a sticky thread for
    your predictions about tablet pcs this year
    & new year resolutions .

3. Spartikiss

Spartikiss Scribbler - Standard Member

... Maybe we should blame gateway?

Call them and ask them to do some R&D for a new tablet... Love my c140, but wish I could upgrade to something else from gateway...

-Spart

4. atom

atom Pen Pro - Atomic Member

14" Tablet w/ Core 2 Duo, 9600GTM or ATI equalivent., 6+ hours battery life w/ 8 Cell Battery, new finished design, thin, and less then 5 pounds, less then $1000 = this forum booming.

Do it, Gateway.

5. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Maybe its because Gateway has lost its way in the market. They sell through TigerDirect mostly. When you go there to buy one, you might want some accessories, but really there are none. On top of no accessories, Gateway looks weak, as in MPC and CC weak. So who's still buying them? If I were in the market now, I would not buy one. The economy is not helping either and when you look at the Gateway, it seems a little dated. It was when I bought it almost a year ago.:(

Don't get me wrong, I love my C-141XL and use it constantly. But if the battery or pen dies, it will be difficult to get one - that kind of stuff scares potential and current customers away from a purchase, and this board too.

It might also be that no ones having issues with theirs like on the HP board which is hopping.:D

6. atom

atom Pen Pro - Atomic Member

If I were you, I would buy an extra, replacement Wacom Pen just incase you lose it and put it in a Security Deposit Box if you have one or in a a very safe place.

As for batteries, there are many resources where you can get replacement cells (Though, it isn't the cheapest service..)

7. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

I already have extra pen and two batteries. Plus a cross pen that also seems to have been discontinued. At least other Wacom pens should be around for a long time.