ThinkPad Yoga 370 announced

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

@Yao powercfg /batteryreport reports slightly over 5 hours average since OS install; note that I use VPN all the time, which takes its toll. So, realistically, I get between 4 and 5 hours of internet surfing (wi-fi or wwan) before battery is at 10% and it's time to look for charger. It is somewhat disappointing; I ordered a powerbank to remedy this issue, but it is 19V, so despite my expectation 20V TPY 260 refuses to charge from it - will have to get a different model.

TPY 370, on the other hand, has noticeably better battery life, and slightly brighter, although glossy, screen. Regarding trackpad - I simply turned it off in settings; also, I use mouse mostly for gaming, no big need of it otherwise.

2. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

hi starlight, i got someone selling a lightly used Yoga 370 i5-7300u, 8gb ram, 256gb nvme SSD for $1050.

Should I go for it? Warranty until March 2018.

3. Starlight5

@Yao well, it depends in how much you need it now. (= NVME SSD is nice, but it's only 256GB, and the machine is used. Make sure it has a SIM card slot but no modem if you have future upgrades in mind. I'd try to haggle the price down to $900, $950 tops.

Yao likes this.
  4. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

hi starlight, i believe the 370 was sold for $999.

I think you are right $900 range would be good!

5. Starlight5

Could somebody please kindly measure TPY370 battery, like on the picture below, and post the measurements here?

measurebattery1.png