ThinkPad Yoga 370 announced

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

starlight5,

when and where does the yoga 370 pop for $1000 with 8gb ram and 256gb ssd? let me know please!! :)

2. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

@Yao I saw a few TPY 370 on eBay for that price. They were gone pretty fast, obviously. Just keep checking if you're really interested.

3. Yao

hi starlight5,

if its $1000 for Yoga 370 8gb ram, 256gb ssd, this can not be beat. best 2-n-1 hybrid deal out there for a 13.3 inch device!

I still like the fujitsu T937 better, but for the price of $1000 Yoga 370 can not be beat!

4. Starlight5

@Yao they both will get even cheaper on sales and auctions if you wait. =p

5. Yao

true! give it a year or so and get good deals on these wonderful devices!

6. dylanemcgregor

dylanemcgregor Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm thinking about getting a 370, partly because they seem to allow for some customer component replacements and/or upgrades, but I'm having a little trouble confirming this. Can anyone confirm that RAM, SSD, and battery are all relatively easy items to access? The SSD is a 2.5" drive right, so if it is user accessible I assume I should be able to take the 500GB SSD from my X201 and add it to the Yoga and save myself $300?

7. Starlight5

@dylanemcgregor TPY 370 is indeed easy to service. SSD is m.2 2280 drive. FWIW you can get a good 1TB m.2 SSD for $300 and install it yourself. Note that RAM is user-upgradeable only if you buy a configuration without pre-installed WWAN module, otherwise it is soldered.

8. dylanemcgregor

dylanemcgregor Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you. This is very helpful. Checking it looks like Lenovo is only charging a little bit more than Crucial to upgrade to 16GB, so I'd probably go that route. I'm not up to date on the various specifications for drive connectors, but saw this listed as one of the options for the 370:

Intel 180GB Solid State Drive, 2.5", SATA3, OPAL2.0

And thought that meant I'd be able to use my Samsung 840 Evo 500GB drive directly in the Yoga. I don't need all that space, but 250-300GB is the level I like so that I don't have to think about it too much.

9. Yao

hi starlight5, that is good information.

so, you are saying that if you get WWAN, then the ram stick is soldered and can not be upgraded? wow. that is weird, interesting and good to know!

10. Yao

hi dylan,

you are better off with as large a SSD if possible even if you dont need the space. larger the SSD, the better the overall performance too.

i find 500 or 512gb a very good price per gb these days.