ThinkPad Yoga 260 - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by JoeS, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Onismurai

Onismurai Pen Pal - Newbie

There were an issue for some of Yoga 260 user here: forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Yoga-260-randomly-hangs-for-a-few-seconds/td-p/3349713

I was facing the same problem (read my post above) and finally find out that the Lenovo Foundation is the cause (it run background and cause randomly high CPU usage). I think this is YMMV but it's not hurt to check this out and remove the software if you encountered the same problem

2. SM05

SM05 Pen Pal - Newbie

Would that be the same as "Lenovo System Interface Foundation"? Thanks for your suggestion.

3. cryptic-nut

cryptic-nut Pen Pal - Newbie

I have never had the hanging problem. I don't install the Lenovo System Interface Foundation. (I don't install the Lenovo apps it supports.)

4. SM05

SM05 Pen Pal - Newbie

That (Lenovo System Interface Foundation) was installed as part of recently installed Lenovo Settings application direct from Windows 10 Store. I might part with it to see if it makes any difference.

5. cryptic-nut

I'd suggest removing Lenovo Settings. The only thing I install is System Update (ThinkVantage...). Even that is unnecessary if you are willing to monitor the Lenovo update page.

There's a new BIOS (1.47) and Power Management Driver (1.67.12.14) btw.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  6. Ksramwarrior

Ksramwarrior Pen Pal - Newbie

Lenovo companion also needs the foundation thing. I'm having the same issue. Per the other thread I ran advanced recovery and then the special driver update software. So far no freezes. It's been about 6 hours.

7. Ksramwarrior

I actually ended up keeping the lenovo stuff. There wasn't much and I find companion and lenovo settings useful. Given that I'm so new to the Windows world any extra help us great.

Whew, been a crazy 48 hours but I'm all set now with the system working and my data transferred. Quite a steep learning curve compared to osx but I think I have a decent handle on it now. Super impressed. Osx looks like a kiddie computer and operating system compared to win 10. They've really done a good job merging touch and desktop.

Will write a longer opinion piece later, for now I'm going to enjoy the machine that I've worked so maniacally to set up.

Hey, one question, what's the keyboard shortcut to close a program? I've been learning the windows keyboard shortcuts, so efficient, but the one to close out the active program on screen I simply can't find.

8. cryptic-nut

Alt + F4 closes the application in the foreground.

9. Ksramwarrior

Tried that. It just seems to turn the mic on and off.

10. cryptic-nut

Lenovo have reassigned the standard Windows shortcut. Try Fn + Alt + F4.