ThinkPad Yoga 15 (2015) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by cookies4you, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CraigMakesArt

CraigMakesArt Overly demanding.

Agreed. The lack of communication is very upsetting. I have until the 16th before I have to simply give up on one of these and will buy something else out of necessity, otherwise it won't arrive in time for what I need it for. My X61 just doesn't cut it anymore.

The Dell XPS line would probably be my first place to look. The Inspiron 13 7000 doesn't have dedicated graphics, but it does have a digitizer, and looking at the forums here the new pen is actually decent. I'd have to try that one in person first, though, the 1st gen Synaptics digitizer pens were easily the worst input method I'd used in a decade.

2. Matthew Bunn

Matthew Bunn Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know how to select the glossy/glare or anti glare option on the US website? It lists boh as an option but I can't seem to find where to select before adding to cart.

Also has anyone gone from the TY 14 to the 15? Thoughts?

3. charlatan

charlatan Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I went from the 14 to 15, and other than size I don't see any difference. I didn't open the 14 up, so I don't know if there are any internal changes. Having the numpad on the 15 is nice.

4. Matthew Bunn

Matthew Bunn Pen Pal - Newbie

How is the build quality on the 15? I have the current 14 and the build seems less than I thought it would be. Lot of flex in the keyboard and a lot of plastic creaks.

Also is the screen on the 15 glossy or do you actually have the option?

5. Jesus2

Jesus2 Pen Pal - Newbie

There's the Sony Vaio Flip 15 and the Acer R7-572G.I recently (maybe yesterday) saw an Acer r7-572G listed on ebay with dedicated graphics and 16gb RAM.The digitizer is Ntrig like the one in the surface pro 3.

6. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I think that's a general truth about dual core 15U vs. i 7U cpus in all devices, Lotta $ for little performance difference.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  7. charlatan

charlatan Pen Pal - Newbie

Build quality seems the same, but I think the build quality is nice. I don't have any creeks, keyb seems nice. It makes some noise when I fold to tablet, but that's the panel raising to recess the keys.

8. tazcubed

tazcubed Pen Pal - Newbie

At the rate the Lenovo is moving to have a fully operational TPY with digitizer, I'm now thinking that they might as well spec it with Windows 10...

Allarih likes this.
  9. cookies4you

cookies4you Scribbler - Standard Member

I ventured into here to ask if the digitizer model was released yet, but then I realized I'm the thread OP and the thread is 6 months old.

10. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I sent a message to the Lenovo help desk and this was the response:

"Send help! They keep us locked in cubicles and tell us nothing. Oh god, I have to go. The guard is returning."

I'm not sure what all of that means, but it doesn't sound like the digitizer is a top priority.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    balistic, soh5 and Kumabjorn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.