ThinkPad Yoga 15 (2015) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by cookies4you, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

How do you have your paws on a 15" TPY?!?

2. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

He hasn't, those were examples made to compare the screen estate between the two devices.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

It is supposedly optimal for man-in-the-middle spyware and adware. People looking for that should be pleasantly surprised.

Mesosphere likes this.
  4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I'm still going to buy a Lenovo machine again, snugglefish be damned.

5. JaneL

JaneL Super Moderator

Since it's a ThinkPad, you'll have to provide your own copy of Superfish. :)

Charles P. Jefferies and gcoupe like this.
  6. Chard85

Chard85 Scribbler - Standard Member

7. Tea and crumpets

The TPY 15 is using the 5th generation processors aka Broadwell. In the UK you can get it with an i7 5500U @ 2.40GHz (3.00GHz turbo).

A lot of tablets and convertibles can handle streaming and general use without a snag, Android included if you avoid the real cheap stuff. The real test is crunching numbers, gaming or running 2d/3d design programmes. With 2Gb of dedicated graphics and 16Gb of Ram I think people will have a hard time making it not work beautifully, as long as the same people realise it's still a laptop and not a pimped out desktop.

We still need to get our hands on the thing so until then nobody knows with absolute certainty.

8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Superfish or no, I'm zapping on a fresh install of Windows on all Lenovos. Their OS install is riddled with crap. I keep seeing Lenovo **** updating in the background. STOP IT! QUIT DOING **** I DIDN'T ASK YOU TO!

Kumabjorn and thatcomicsguy like this.
  9. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I like Thinkpad hardware. I just dont understand why a large corporation would bet against customer trust and sell out like this. This is really sad to see. Glad it doesnt affect the Thinkpad Yoga (my current machine), but will be quite wary of their factory installs from now on.

10. Tea and crumpets

I don't know how many of you have been keeping an eye on the Toshiba Encore 2 thread but Precurve has dedicated a lot of time in testing and reviewing the Wacom AES tech on said device, showing how great he is once again with his most recent observations about the consistency and jittery'ness of the pen.

Now I'm even more excited about the TPY 15. I just wish we had some blasted confirmation about whether it comes with a pen or if the models for sale in the UK (and soon elsewhere?) have the tech ready to go if the pen is going to be sold at a later date. The UK site doesn't have a live chat and the forums are more question than answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.