ThinkPad Yoga 15 (2015) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by cookies4you, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

The ThinkPad Yoga 15 is also on the UK site. For a moment I got incredibly excited but it soon dawned on me that it doesn't have the digitiser. I know it has been said the earlier models might not ship with the pen but it's a horrible realisation all the same. :(

How come the 15 has released earlier than the 14? Are they planning to ship the 14 with the new pen tech ready-to-go and wanted to get something similar out there in the mean time?

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I was reading a post in another forum where somebody in the UK had (a day ago) ordered the Yoga 15. He was reporting on the shipping times given to him.

Lenovo said that it would take 2-3 weeks to "build" and another week to ship. It sounds like they still haven't ironed out all the wrinkles in their manufacturing/supply line. I suspect in another month we'll have much better information.

3. Tea and crumpets

Eek, that's quite a gap between buying and receiving. I imagine the high spec 14 and 15 with pen will be at an eye-watering price but I'm very eager to see how this pans out. It's a shame that stuff isn't rolling out sooner as if I were to buy something the site has 10% off until the 28th, perhaps that was intended.

4. Sandiegosd

Sandiegosd Pen Pal - Newbie

Any news on release date for US? I kinda want to jump on it asap but not sure where to get updates besides refreshing lenovo's product page.

Also: anyone knows about putting Ubuntu dual boot on these Yoga 15's? anything special about this that might cause problems with Ubuntu, like the NV Geforce GPU and the Experience software?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  5. Tea and crumpets

Generally speaking, I haven't seen or heard of any new developments concerning the 12, 14 or 15 models.

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Yep, it's pretty bad. The only development I noticed is that the new 12" model is finally featured, but only on the Malaysia and Israel websites. Their web team really sucks when it comes to info accuracy and availability.

7. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Also, whoever updates the US Lenovo Outlet store is f'n drunk.

8. Tea and crumpets

Ha ha, what's so bad about it?

9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

10. Tea and crumpets

Yeah, that is pretty bad.