ThinkPad Yoga 12 - 2015 edition Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by JoeS, Jan 11, 2015.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

That's a pretty amazing deal! I made the same switch (SP2 to TPY12) about a year ago, still very much enjoying the typing experience (right now for example :) ). As for the nitpicks, I only have seen the system tray issue. Have you run Lenovo System Update? That sometimes offers different drivers than Windows.

2. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

1. Is TP Yoga 12 broadwell the best Wacom EMR convertible?

2. I have wacom EMR 2 button+eraser pens and a bunch of thinkpad yoga gen 1 chargers. Is TP Yoga 12 2nd gen with EMR compatible with both the pen and the first gen charger?

3. thirdeye

thirdeye Pen Pal - Newbie

Everything appears to be up to date. Oh yeah, another issue I have every now and then is the WiFi doesn't automatically reconnect when waking from sleep like 1 out of 5 times.
    Yeah, I never realized the amazing deals to be had from Lenovo outlet, with some luck and patience. Some other examples of deals I've run across if anyone is looking for a deal (all are FHD and broadwell) :
    - X250 refurb, i5, 8gb $511
    - T450s new, i5, 8gb, 256gb ssd $632
    - Yoga 15 refurb, i5, 8gb $536
    - Yoga 14 scratch, i5, 8gb $461
    - X1 C 3 refurb, i5, 4gb $540
    - Yoga 12 refurb, i5, 8gb $535

Steve B and JoeS like this.
  4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Did you find your TPY 12 in the laptop or tablet section, btw?

5. thirdeye

6. thirdeye

Really frustrating... TPY 12 continued to act up and only get worse. Every single program I opened would almost immediately become "not responding" and crash. Edge and Chrome browsers, opening a video would not play, even opening file manager would crash. Reminded me of the time I had a MyDigitalSSD back in the day.
    Spent hours trying to find the culprit and eventually figured I'll have to do a clean Windows install to rule out if it was a hardware issue. I planned on upgrading to 250gb SSD, not this soon, but don't wanna have to do it twice. Picked up a Samsung 850 EVO last night and did a clean install and so far so good...
    Anyone have any issues with Lenovo's Toshiba 128gb SSD? Or issues after updating factory image Windows 8.1 to 10?

7. BennyC

BennyC Pen Pal - Newbie

Is anyone here found a good alternative pen with eraser for the original pen for thinkpad yoga 12?

I am currently using fujitsu digitizer t5000 for my TPY 12. It has 2 buttons(I don't really need them) and a eraser. It works well but has a small offset even after calibration.
    The original pen coming with the TYP12 works perfectly on my screen. It has almost no offset. But the pen is too thin and has no eraser.

I am thinking to buy a new pen with eraser.
    There are several choices:
    Wacom Grip Pen UP-911E-02DD
    Surface pro 1/2 pen
    Thinkpad pen from Lenovo website

Does anyone have experience using these pens with TPY12 or have a better choice? Thank you very much.

8. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My Windows 10 upgraded dual booted(Win8.1Pro) is not updating to the anniversary update .
    Any idea why? No updates since June ,2016!

9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

So you have both Win10 and Win8.1 on it? Or Win10 + Linux or so? Either way, not sure what's going wrong, on my good old 'single boot' TPY12 I got the anniversary update just fine, without me doing anything special.

10. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

On the main ssd I have the Win 8.1 Pro.
    On the M.2 I installed the free upgrade Win 10 Pro.
    It's this Win 10 pro that won't update .