ThinkPad Yoga 12 - 2015 edition Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by JoeS, Jan 11, 2015.

1. yogauser12

yogauser12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your answers. I hoped I will be able to upgrade this machine later. Windows 7 is installed so I don't have to do anything. I don't like Windows 10 due to its spy activities.
    Anyway I discovered something strange. A case is bended. There is a gap on the left bottom corner between surface and the laptop when it stays on the desk. Is it a serious or just inconvenience? Should I open the case to see if something is mounted improperly?

Regards

2. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

FUD.

3. yogauser12

yogauser12 Pen Pal - Newbie

No, it is reality. Anyway any, suggestions about the case?

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

There's no doubt that Win10 is a very 'chatty' OS, sending lots of info to the mothership. It's not intended to spy on individual users, but I think there's plenty of opportunity for data leakage. Anyway, on with the questions. No suggestions for cases, anyone else?

5. Telstar1948

Telstar1948 Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone with the Skylake i5 TP 14 having any of the issues that's plaguing the Surface Pro 4's and Surface Book?

6. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

My BB 460 has had no issue with battery life nor sleep with its Win 10 Home install. I just moved the factory install to an M.2 drive I just installed and about to do a clean install of Win 10 Pro on a 1TB SSD I got for it, so I will be able to tell you soon if those battery life and sleep issues are Win 10 Pro related.

7. duncanish

duncanish Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone know if adding an transcend 512GB M.2 drive to a2015 TPY 12 system with an 256GB SSD will make it faster. Anyway to use the M.2 as an additional cache?

8. BennyC

BennyC Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I just order a i5-5200,8g ram, wacom screen, 16g m.2ssd+500g hdd model since its on sale.

I also plan to upgrade the ssd. From lenovo website, it says the laptop will ship Dec 30, but there is a sale for ssd now. So I want to buy a ssd before I get the laptop.

The question is, what ssd did thinkpad yoga 12 use. On the website it says m.2 but i am confused about it.

From the video, 2min 35sec, it looks the ssd is small and in square shape.

On the website I want to purchase the ssd, there is mSATA, m.2,PCI Express, 1.8'', 2.5''. I feel it is mSATA ssd. The m.2 ssd looks longer than the one in the video.

So which one is actually used in 2015 version of thinkpad yoga 12?

Thank you in advance.

9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

From the first post in this thread:
    Also read through this discussion, that should answer most of your questions.

10. thirdeye

thirdeye Pen Pal - Newbie

Late to the party but I just picked up a TPY 12 refurb from the Lenovo outlet for $439.
    - i5 5200, 4gb, 128gb SSD, 1080p
    Not a single blemish, battery and SSD are fresh. Coming from a MS Surface Pro 2, I'm incredibly satisfied with it so far.
    Couple of nitpicks though...
    - audio tends to disappear about 10 minutes into a video. I have to close the video or reload YouTube to get another 10 minutes with audio. Drivers are up to date, is it the Dolby app causing problems?
    - somewhat frequent crashes with browsing (Edge and Chrome). Never had this happen once with my SP2.
    - calendar / time in bottom task bar randomly gets off centered. Not a big deal, just need to click the time and it resets, but a tad annoying.

Otherwise, I couldn't be happier being back on a ThinkPad keyboard and track point w/ physical buttons. Screen quality pales in comparison to SP2, but SP2 keyboard and touchpad were miserable to use (so bad that I nearly bought a ThinkPad Bluetooth keyboard/trackpoint).