ThinkPad Yoga 12 - 2015 edition Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by JoeS, Jan 11, 2015.

1. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

Can't say enough good things about this dock, just one connection and I have Power and LAN. Love that it plugs in at the top with the TP Yoga in Portrait mode which is perfect for taking notes while plugged in as the cable comes right out the top in that orientation.

2. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes , thanks ...I'll use disk management. I've ordered a 256GB mydigital discount M.2 ssd .
    http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/my...sata-iii-6g-m.2-2242-ngff-ssd/#specifications
    I'm not sure how many iops it is designed for.
    But it should be a nice backup drive .

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I like it as well. I want to send the engineer of that plug a thank you note. Super easy to connect. Especially compared to USB cables, which I have a success rate of less than half with. Which reminds me of this physics theorem:

[​IMG]

koz2050 and Mi An like this.
  4. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I was able to successfully install the above drive and format it.
    All good. Now planning to install Win 10 on this M.2 ssd.
    Will it install directly to this or will I have to install a new Win10 OS ?
    I don't wanna spend on purchasing a new Win10 Key.
    I hope the install will recognize the Key from the BIOS.

Any ideas?

5. JoeS

Hurray! The issue with the non-responsive fan and the resulting overheating has finally been addressed. BIOS v1.20 resolves this, which you can find in System Update. For a summary of how this evolved see here. IMHO Lenovo has work to do when it comes to responsiveness. Anyway, glad this is fixed, on to the next issue.

6. SuperiorWitt

SuperiorWitt Pen Pal - Newbie

Are there any current alternatives to the YP12 with pen etc, besides the surface pro?

7. dunami

dunami Pen Pal - Newbie

Spectre x2 12 just came out. It uses Wacom AES. They have them on demo at BB, but without the stylus.

The new Yoga 12 is due out anytime now. The name is Yoga 260. There is a thread here for it and the 460 (the 14" version).

There is the Best Buy exclusive version of the Yoga 460 if you're willing to go to 14". It has Wacom AES and a skylake process. It's $999. List as the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 14" http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-...lack/4456400.p?id=1219749486129&skuId=4456400

There's the Lenovo Miix 700 (which is almost a direct Surface clone) that was due in November but seems to have been pushed back to December. They're all Core M based (no Core i options like the surface).

A list of all penabled tablets/convertables:
    https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=A3E71B4BBE25C114!107&app=Excel&authkey=!AAO1lowxloMJjhM

JoeS and SuperiorWitt like this.
  8. SuperiorWitt

SuperiorWitt Pen Pal - Newbie

I might be well served to wait for the 260. Fingerprinter scanner, smart card reader. Thanks for the headsup!!

9. Macguyver

Macguyver Pen Pal - Newbie

After reading about the new 6th gen skylake processors, I'm waiting for the 260 as well.

10. JoeS

I had no idea this adapter existed, part number 4X90G85927, $60. I has VGA, Ethernet, and "power through" so you can charge while having this in the OneLink port. That looks a lot better than the wobbly mini-HDMI to VGA adapter that I got. It's pricey, but seems like a good addition for travel. Compatible with systems that have the 'old' OneLink port, including the 2015 ThinkPad Yoga 12.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015