"ThinkPad X201T" vs "Enhanced ThinkPad X201T"

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by kawall, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kawall

kawall Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

I was wondering whats the main difference between the two options for the X201T on the canadian lenovo website?

I can obviously see that the enhanced x201t comes with multitouch and a 350GB hard drive. But If I choose those same options with the regular x201t the price still comes up to less than the enhanced with all the same options. The only thing I cant choose between them is the type of battery. With the normal version you get the 4 cell battery whereas with the enhanced you get the 8 cell. Is that what the higher difference in price for the enhanced version accounts for?? Or is there some difference in build quality.

I also see that it take 2 weeks to deliver the enhanced compared to 4 weeks with the regular version. is that because of the option of the non multitouch screen?

Also i was wondering what os the major difference in the 640LM and 620LM processor. Will I be loosing a lot of processing power if i choose to order now when only the 620LM chip is available?? Because I see that the difference in speed is 2ghz for the 620LM and 2.13ghz for the 640LM but i would like to know how significant if that difference?

Finally, i see that they ship via UPS and i have got charged ridiculous charges for brokerage fees from them. Will that happen with this shipment even thought its free shipping??

Sorry for all the questions but i would really like to make a good decision before putting down so much money for a laptop. Thanks!

Mike

2. Mtnbiker

Mtnbiker Pen Pal - Newbie

It's the same machine vis-a-vis build quality. 'Enhanced' just means there are upgrades incorporated into the choice of components.

If you look at the option list for the non-enhanced model, it actually has a comment in the screen choice area showing that the lowest priced screen (non multitouch, not outdoor) will delay shipping. The same for the i7 640LM processor.

Somebody else will have to help you with this one. I had seen on NBR that the speed gains are nominal at best and only with certain programs, but I don't have a link for you to look at. I opted for the 620... my X201T took 12 days to get to me from the time I ordered it. It beat the Lenovo estimate by a day, so no complaints about shipping from me!

I'm in the US, so this wasn't an issue. I don't know if it's different up north. Good luck!

3. Chocobo

Chocobo Scribbler - Standard Member

The customs fees are going to hit you pretty hard if you order from the States, so watch out for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.