Thinkpad X1 Yoga (2017)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by kvoram, Jan 3, 2017.

1. fufufufu

fufufufu Pen Pal - Newbie

Gen1 definitely has it between the power button and the microphone/headphone.

2. ikjadoon

ikjadoon Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh, OK. Yeah, I think they dropped it. Not a huge loss, but I would've liked it. Much happier with the rest of the ports; this is essentially the dream USB/display/power port vibe, sans full-size SD & volume rocker.

Also, I just noticed. They stayed on LPDDR3, which is actually nice. LPDDR3 is better suited for battery-life and ain't nobody going to notice the performance difference. But, not going to lie, I think the OLED + i7 w/ Iris + LPDDR3-2133MHz + Intel SSD combo is not going to set any benchmarks for battery life.

--

Does anybody know what SSDs they're using? If it's the Intel 600p (their PCIe TLC drive; at least the only one I can find), it is actually shockingly bad. Some of the highest power use, inconsistent performance with stutters, poorly implemented SLC cache (that keeps getting written...even when it's full? Why not just go to the main TLC NAND at that point), and nothing really going for it.

Maybe one should spring for the OPAL2 drive, whatever model that is.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  3. monkey13

monkey13 Scribbler - Standard Member

What is the "Sketch" app that Lenovo uses to advertise the X1 Yoga? I haven't seen it anywhere but in advertisments of pen enabled Yogas... Or is it a mockup only? It sure is nice and looks natural to use with all the drawing/writing tools on the left and colour settings on the right.

4. cutterline

cutterline Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist. You can easily proof it by searching windows store for an app called "Sketch" with that logo.
    [​IMG]

5. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member

The best 14 inch + 2 in 1 with a trackpoint?

6. Allarih

Allarih Scribbler - Standard Member

And thunderbolt. I'd love to see an external GPU test. They should made docking brick with mobile GTX1060 inside.

7. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

Any word regarding availability? Higher trims of the X1 (non-Yoga) aren't available for purchase until June, wondering if the Yoga will be delayed until then, as well.

8. ATIVQ

ATIVQ Vā…Oā…„ Senior Member

SHUT YOUR MOUTH

9. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

LOL, I feel ya -

10. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I looked at this device again after the Surface Laptop announcement. It looks like at least one person was able to order one. He even made an unboxing video!

Still pretty bad how long this took after announcing a Feb 2017 release. And it's still not available via lenovo.com.

southdunes likes this.