Thinkpad X1 Yoga (2017)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by kvoram, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So I'm trying to decide whether I should upgrade to the X1 2017 or SB Performance Base. I've realized over the years that I really don't use the tablet form factor much. If I'm taking notes, it's at a desk, so the weight of the tablet doesn't matter.

With that said, I like 3:2 a lot more than 16:9, but I feel the X1 may give me more freedom in terms of expansion options. I can add on an eGPU for my VR movie watching (I'm also thinking of getting into VR gaming but don't know if these CPUs are powerful enough for that). I could also swap out the m.2 for a 2TB drive eventually which would hold all my files.

Decisions...

Starlight5 likes this.
  2. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

Life lesson #1: If something seems wrong to you, don't do it.
    Life lesson #2: Since you have no idea who I am, what I do or why I do it, best not to judge those things you don't know and instead focus that energy on making yourself a better person.

I'm here to contribute and learn, if you don't like me or my posts just ignore them.

3. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

No and no. Based on my purchase volume it's not even a blip.

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

5. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Even though I really WANT a new machine, I definitely don't NEED one. I also don't know if I would really put an eGPU to use, as the most I do with VR is plug it in to watch movies (Pimax 4K). I would love to game, but I know I would do it way too much and would negatively impact my other hobbies, so I stay away :p.

With that said, I will either purchase an X1 Yoga 2017 this summer before the next school year starts or get the Yoga 920 with 8th gen CPU.

Prices should drop considerably by that point, but until then I can still survive with the Z Canvas.

Starlight5 likes this.