ThinkPad X1 Yoga (2016)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Jan 3, 2016.

1. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't have much, if any at all. Seems to be less than I've had on previous devices. Honestly the backlight thing has never bothered me in the past, I only seem to recall seeing it when booting up or doing something I probably don't do much. I use it docked most of the time (about 8 hours a day) and undocked probably another 20 hours a week.

My only minor complaints would be wanting a bit better battery life, a little less heat and fan noise.

I'm very impressed however with the ability to have a 14" screen in such a small package, really impressive.

JoeS likes this.
  2. fufufufu

fufufufu Pen Pal - Newbie

Which dock are you using?
    Which monitor are you using?
    I'm using the Onelike+ and Dell monitor and I have many problems.
    The monitor doesn't wake up from lock screen, sometimes it just shutting of for few seconds...

3. koz2050

I have the Oneline+ dock and 2 monitors, a Dell and a Samsung. I have the Dell primary, the Samsung second and my X1Y is in portrait mode folded over so I can take notes on it.

I do recall hearing about issues with the Oneline+ dock early on when I first purchased it. I remember thinking at the time that I hope I got a good unit or maybe there was a firmware update for it. Something made me think it was okay. I haven't encountered the lock screen issue you mention, but I'll play with that today.

It looks like there was an April firmware update for it, do you have that applied? Also, there is a Windows driver as well, do you have that installed? I would suggest the Lenovo forums for more info on that as there were some posts earlier this year about it.

fufufufu likes this.
  4. fufufufu

fufufufu Pen Pal - Newbie

I update the firmware few weeks ago, and it is better since but still have issues.
    Which Windows driver?
    I checked Lenovo forums but I didn't find any solution just complains.
    Just for information, I'm using the mini displayport on my monitor, maybe this could be the problem. I will buy new regular cable and check it.

5. koz2050

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/acc100252

I'm using the two DisplayPort connectors on the dock, one to each monitor, along with LAN, Audio and 3 USB devices. I think you need the driver for LAN support.

I did also buy a USB3 docking adapter that has LAN/DP/HDMI but haven't tried it. I bought it to have something for traveling but haven't really needed it yet. That might be an option as there are drivers you install specifically for it.

fufufufu likes this.
  6. Josh Sun

Josh Sun Pen Pal - Newbie

Here you are, it is attached.

Anyone wondering where to find the original wallpapers might want to look at:

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\Themes\Assets\LenovoX1
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\Themes\Assets\Theme

Attached Files:

7. siglap

siglap Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, anyone else that can share their amount of backlight bleed? Would really like to know. Thanks!

8. siglap

siglap Pen Pal - Newbie

Second issue appeared after I started doing some word processing. My delete key seems to be a bit lower in the keyboard than all the other keys. As a result, it has less travel and misses the resistance the other keys have. This is a bigger issue to me than the backlight bleed. I will try and get the keyboard replaced. Since I need to go over there, I might as well let them have a look at the backlight bleed. I was thinking of having it replaced, but I now notice that whereas the FHD screen only had one manufacturer before, tpk+lgd, now it had a second one as well, lbo+aud. Does anybody know this code? Who is the manufacturer? Anyone with experience with this screen? I don't want to swap out and receive a screen with inferior colors and possibly pwm...

9. silverwolf0

silverwolf0 Pen Pal - Newbie

So what is the corporate perks thing and is there any risk to using it? I can get an x1y with oled for $1252...

10. OldFox

OldFox Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think you can get the OLED version for $1252 unless you have some really good deal with a supplier. They are usually $2000+.

When it comes to risks, you need to be more specific what you have in mind.