ThinkPad X1 Yoga (2016)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Sun

Josh Sun Pen Pal - Newbie

Here you are, it is attached.

Anyone wondering where to find the original wallpapers might want to look at:

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\Themes\Assets\LenovoX1
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\Themes\Assets\Theme

Attached Files:

2. siglap

siglap Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, anyone else that can share their amount of backlight bleed? Would really like to know. Thanks!

3. siglap

siglap Pen Pal - Newbie

Second issue appeared after I started doing some word processing. My delete key seems to be a bit lower in the keyboard than all the other keys. As a result, it has less travel and misses the resistance the other keys have. This is a bigger issue to me than the backlight bleed. I will try and get the keyboard replaced. Since I need to go over there, I might as well let them have a look at the backlight bleed. I was thinking of having it replaced, but I now notice that whereas the FHD screen only had one manufacturer before, tpk+lgd, now it had a second one as well, lbo+aud. Does anybody know this code? Who is the manufacturer? Anyone with experience with this screen? I don't want to swap out and receive a screen with inferior colors and possibly pwm...

4. silverwolf0

silverwolf0 Pen Pal - Newbie

So what is the corporate perks thing and is there any risk to using it? I can get an x1y with oled for $1252...

5. OldFox

OldFox Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think you can get the OLED version for $1252 unless you have some really good deal with a supplier. They are usually $2000+.

When it comes to risks, you need to be more specific what you have in mind.

6. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

I use them quite a bit. Just used some of my points to buy a $100 gift card last week. Also have used them exclusively buying my last laptops, T540p, X1Y, X230, T530, and one more I can remember. Never had an issue...

Also remember that the discount applies to add-ons as well. It's a great way to load up on stuff like extra ram and a bigger ssd drive. I loaded up my X1Yoga with i7,16gb,1tb pci-e, wwan and the total was just under 2k.

Right now they are having 9x points which would be over 10,000 points on that purchase which is worth $100. You can also use points towards a purchase. One of the laptops I bought, I had 10,000 points already so I was able to use that as a credit towards the purchase price.

I'm not advocating the site or their use, just explaining how I've used them in the past few years.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  7. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

OLED model shows out of stock. High demand?? Haven't heard anything bad about them.

8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Me neither, seems like a winner apart from lack of USB-C and low brightness. If I wasn't so satisfied with my TP Yoga 12, I'd probably hop on the X1 Yoga bandwagon. If they do come out with an even lighter X1 Yoga 12 with 12.5" screen and narrow bezel, I'm in.

9. madm

madm Pen Pal - Newbie

I consider buying the X1 Yoga with i7, 8GB/512GB, IPS as I get a good students' offer. I'm planning to use it for handwriting on a daily basis, so I have some questions concening the digitizer pen, because I've read that the included pen will soon leave scratches on the display (or the matte screen protector?) in a German forum.

i) Has anybody noticed scratches on the screen due to pen usage?
    ii) Is this applicable to the OLED version (which I probably can't afford, though) or only IPS with/without screen protector?
    iii) Can using a different pen prevent scratches? @koz2050 mentioned using Wacom Bamboo Duo and another Thinkpad Pen Pro earlier in this thread - and is the digitizer accuracy equal for all three pens?
    iv) Is it possible to apply an additional screen protection layer? I found this offer and similar ones on Amazon. Has anybody experiences with tempered glass protectors fitting the X1Y (like this one)?
    Does a screen protector affect (a) pen recognition, (b) touch screen sensitivity or (c) screen brightness/glare/... ?

v) At last, does anybody bother about the small pen size (mentioned on notebookreview.com)?

Thanks in advance!

10. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

For those interested, the ThinkPad X1 Yoga is currently available at a 35 percent discount on Lenovo.com for "Cyber Monday".

upload_2016-11-28_16-20-46.png

soh5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.