ThinkPad X1 Yoga (2016)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I feel like they could've done much better weight-wise with the Yoga x260 considering the X1 Yoga's size/weight.

JoeS likes this.
  2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Wow what an exciting time to be alive :)

kneehowguys likes this.
  3. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

This is probably a little more economical than a similarly spec'd Surface Book. You dont get much more than a dGPU with the book. Still the 3:2 has me won over.

4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Shame about the screen ratio. I somehow misunderstood it's ratio. 16:9. Why!?!

Shouldn't that go away, now that we're not confined by Wacom EMR on these devices? I wonder if AES compatible screens come cheaply in other ratios? If so, would love to see AES come in a 3:2.

5. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

16:9 isn't too bad if you use two windows side-by-side; in fact I find it preferable. 16:10 is a better compromise there though for when you want to use only one window (especially in portrait).

ikjadoon and Mr. Boosh like this.
  6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Since the ES pen digitizer is essentially piggybacked off the touch screen, (in lieu EMR techs need for a perfectly fitted and cut sensor board beneath the screen), the actual size and dimensions of the device shouldn't be an issue, nor should it have any significant effect on the cost beyond the touch screen. Like I'd imagine the actual process to make a tablet ES Pen compatible would be no different wither your adding it to a 8 inch tablet or a 14+ inch tablet.

7. ininjame

ininjame Pen Pal - Newbie

Wait, did it get mentioned anywhere that the highest i7 will be a 6650U with Iris graphics instead of the normal 6600 step up? Would be so awesome if this were true, since the X1 Yoga won't have the thermal constraints of the SP4.

8. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I thought you were a "pure slate" guy....so the X1 Tablet with it's 3:2 aspect ratio should be more attractive to you than the Yoga in any case right?.

If you're die-hard OLED fan like me, there's also the Samsung W700 to look out for. It's unconfirmed specs are quite tantalizing as far as slates go: 12.5", 3:2, 2K/4K, EMR, and fanless.

No, that was a best-case scenario for somebody holding out on the Yoga 460. However, Lenovo usually is pretty good about supplying high-end U series processors in their ThinkPad line.

jbaks likes this.
  9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Looks like HP is trying to establish the Spectre line as a direct competitor to the Thinkpad Yogas. The X1 Yoga will not be the only new 2-1 to have an OLED display option. And, my guess is that HP will do it for a few hundred bucks less.

10. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Just one disappointment so far: it looks like the displays are going to be 300 nits as opposed to the 400 nits of the TPY12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.