ThinkPad X1 Tablet 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Dec 29, 2017.

1. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

Damn, Lenovo already shipped my X1. That was fast!

JoeS and southdunes like this.
  2. JRiggs

JRiggs Pen Pal - Newbie

Let us know what you think!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Edit: I called Lenovo customer support and they told me that they can try to reroute the second order if the cancellation is not success. Besides, The restocking fee can be waived in my case if I need to return the first order...Gladly...

Oh god I made some funny jokes..
    The moment I realized the discounted price was still there, I went to place the order. However, a few hours later I realized that I should have added some additional warranty for it. So I requested cancellation on the first order and started a second one with 3 years of coverage plus accidental damage coverage.
    This morning I received an email from Lenovo that the first order was shipped out from North Carolina and they could not cancel the order! So shocked about their shipping speed..Also checked the return policy that they have a mandatory 15% restocking fee. I went to cancel the second order but do not know if it can be completed (scheduled to be shipped out Tuesday).
    Anyone has any experience with Lenovo's return department can give some suggestion if the 15% restocking fee can be avoided under this circumstance? Otherwise I may have to resell one of the two X1 tablets....

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  4. Zurginator

Zurginator Pen Pal - Newbie

Lenovo's website kicked me out today when I tried to order using the discount code. Called them to order and the guy was completely incredulous that there were any discounts on the system, let alone one that extreme, but after I insisted, he found it and placed my order.

What blows my mind is that I already have shipping confirmation, and it says I should receive the system tomorrow. Sheer insanity I say.

JoeS likes this.
  5. lonaysta

Finally got everything settled down for the purchase and sitting next to the box of unopened Thinkpad X1 tablet. Will work on something else and return to unbox it tonight!

MacrosTheBlack007 and Starlight5 like this.
  6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

What a tease!

lonaysta and Starlight5 like this.
  7. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

I haven’t had a ton of time to play with mine, but I’m impressed so far. The tablet itself is solidly constructed, kickstand is great, and appears like the tablet can be opened fairly easily (I’m wondering if you can add in LTE...). My favorite is probably the keyboard so far. Little to no flex. Keys are quiet and have good travel to them. I can use the tablet on my lap and it’s not a bouncing mess like the Surface Pro which probably has my least favorite keyboard.

JoeS likes this.
  8. lonaysta

Here is the unboxing video. I ended where I started to set up the device. Though I just a "User" there, because Spring Creator's Update is incoming.

Post unboxing thoughts:
    1) the device is heavier than I thought, but thinner.
    2) Good build quality! I like the keyboard, though during initial Win10 setup it was laggy. Returned to normal since desktop.
    3) The fan seems to be always on, but it might be caused by the newly set up system. I can't say it is quiet when at full power.
    4) I am running couple of simple tests to see the performance. Tonight will be league of legends...
    5) The pen included does not have "Thinkpad" logo but "Lenovo". Someone on Twitter tweeted to Lenovo asking if he got a lower end Lenovo active pen rather than the Thinkpad Pen Pro. Not sure myself either, but to me now seems Wacom EMR>Apple Pencil>Surface>this. Will take some more time to give a conclusion.
    6) Anyone knows where I can get a screen protector for this?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    southdunes and JoeS like this.
  9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

A video and everything! :thumbsup: As an aside, that setup must have one of the larger laptop-to-coffee-table price ratios. At least that looks like the $40 IKEA coffee table. :D Hope the machine works out for you. I'm pretty happy with my X1Y3, now that I've managed to tone down the insane high-contrast colors. Hot tip: the context menu on a blank desktop space offers "select color setting". For me "Standard" was way more pleasant than "Native".

lonaysta likes this.
  10. lonaysta

Bingo! It is from IKEA and we are thinking of replacing it because the corners always hurt us!
    The performance was decent so far for League of Legends. SSD performance is way better than Surface. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk